1993 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Reliable Runner
By Reliable Runner on 10/27/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This was my first non-American auto. It was the best experience of a car since my 1964 Chev Impala. Very dependable which rates very highly with me as a woman driver. Don't like the fact there are no flat surfaces to hold objects and no metal for a magnet to hold msgs or papers to keep in view for use. This car owes me nothing. It is a bit loud on the freeway and not a "smooth as silk" ride, but all in all it's been a keeper.

The most reliable car I've ever owned
By bdevilla on 10/03/07 10:38 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Camry, it had 90,000 miles on it. The only thing I ever had to do to this car was routine maintenance that you would expect for a car of this age. When I sold it, it had 174,000 miles and still ran like a dream!! I highly recommend a Camry. I was even rear ended in this car and all it did was chip paint off of the bumper. The Olds that hit me had his hood smashed and the grille laying in the street. Amazing. I'm a Toyota owner for life.

93 Camry
By Victor on 07/13/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable in all kinds of weather. My total expenditures for repairs in the 14 years I have owned it are less than $600. Hate to sell it but the wife wants a new car! New car payment will be around $600.

Great!!
By chaviux007 on 01/29/07 21:28 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had it for a little more than six months and it's been a great car. Love the performance even though it has 171,000 miles it has its details. Probably the owners that had had it before didn't take care of it so I'm just doing some fixings on the suspension system and the interior, but the engine hasn't given me any problems at all. Great car.

Cool Car
By mia2106 on 11/29/06 12:22 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I really do love this car. It is my first car and I think I did a great job. So far I had the transmission and radiator flushed, my oil changed. The car did not pass inspection because there is leaking power steering fluid. So now I have to get my rack and pinion replaced. Other than that, my car is in excellent condition. The interior and exterior is in great condition. The car only had 93110 miles on it, when I purchased it. The car runs smooth as silk.

Good Car
By Matt on 10/23/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this '93 last year with 44k on it. Most problems to date occured because it wasnt driven enough (several engine seals, cv boots/seals). The build quality, however, is excellent. The interior still looks new, the paint is original and still decent. Good acceleration, braking, cushy ride.

Outstanding Vehicle
By SY on 10/21/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This Camry has been top-notch. It has saved my life twice in desperate situations by its agility and power, and kept me out of many potential situations. It's required only normal maintenance, with the exception of the axle boots. These tore, probably from one of the desperation moves. If you have a shimmy (between 50mph and 55, and widening with time) that's hard to diagnose, and the front end is tight, look to the boots. This car should make it to 300,000 now.

Its a tank.
By Heinen on 10/11/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from my father in law who had the car since new. At that time it had 162,000 on the odometer. I now have 255,000. Yes, you read that correctly. I drive on average 100 miles a day, at least during the week anyways. I have had to do breaks several times but not due to a lack of quality. All the service since I have had it has been done by myself (a former Toyota mechanic) and rarely use anything other than factory parts. The car has been hit several times (mostly rear ended) but has never had to see a body shop. The car is a tank - indestrucible. I plan on driving it until there is no drive left in it. Who knows when that will be.

Great model
By SoCalCarGuy on 08/30/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Camry is reliable, quick, and safe. I have had no major or minor problems in the years since I bought it new. The ride is really nice and smooth.

Favorite Car
By Marge on 05/12/06 05:18 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Of all the cars I've ever owned, my Camry has been my favorite. I've kept it longer than any other. After 13 years, it still gets great gas mileage and runs great. I plan on buying a new one this year just for a change. A friend of mine wants my "old" one. You can't go wrong with a Camry.