Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

best used car i ever had
By mroedan

1993 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan

all i would like to say is that this 93 camry se it's the S**T!!!. i love this car and dont think about selling it any time soon. i go to college upstate Ny and drive an estimate of a 400miles every 2 months for the last 3 years and so far no problem. Only problem that the car ever had was the transmission. The 5th gear wasnt working but i fixed it with less than $1000USD and never again transmission problems. My its a 5speed so its really good with gas even for a v6. my dads 2004 camry le drags more gas than mine, i dont how but it does. maybe because my dads its automatic and mine is 5 speed so im able to change the gears for the right time. When it comes to speed and peformance 10/10

Best Car We've Ever Bought!
By great car

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car after I was born, and I eventually started driving it. I couldn't ask for a better first car. It always starts, has pretty good pickup for a 2.2 L and I think it's more comfortable than my mom's new Honda. The car has nearly 140K on it and still runs like the day we bought it. The only complaints we have are: transmission going out after warranty expired, both CV joints going out around 100K, and a seemingly faulty exhaust system. Other than those couple things, the car runs beautifully and will hopefully continue to for many years to come!

Good pickup for a 2.2L, strong A/C and heat, always starts, great MPG compared to other 17 year old cars

The cup holders could use work, you can't use the passenger one with the car in park.

My first car
By anesidora916

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry! This was my first car, I got it at 161k 2 years ago. We have put way more than the car is worth in repairs, but all are reasonable considering the car is 17 years old and now has 204k on it. The distributor went out in May. The oil leak has been repaired numerous time and still persists; once leaked on the rotor and caused car to die. With a V4 it's not very fast. I've kept up with all maintenance but I inherited the car with some electrical problems; reverse lights don't work. I think my transmissions about to go. Car barley passed smog this year because the timing is off, engine needs a tune up. Regardless of the problems its been an awesome first car!

Even with all of the above I LOVE my Camry. It gets pretty good gas mileage (sometimes as much as 28), it's very roomy and had lots of trunk space, comfortable seats on road trips.

There is a design flaw with the cup holders (which are too small i might add) and the proximity to the shifter when the car is in park.

Awesome. Even for a teenager!
By CJ

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 Camry as my first car at a 7eleven parking lot for 600$ even with 206k miles on it and some little minor things wrong with it but didn't bother me because i knew it would be worth the investment. These cars last forever and the V6 edition is very fast with a very nice pick up(it beat most of my friends brand new cars, including the 2009 Honda accord coupe) These cars in particular will last a while as long as you change the oil every 3,000 miles or so. Toyota will never be beat by any other car even by Honda. In my opinion Toyota should bring back the 92-94 camrys because it is the greatest car they ever built! My 93 Toyota Camry now has 216k miles and still runs almost perfect!

the V6 engine(very fast), speakers have great sound, roomy, built strong!

wish i only gotten the V6 XLE because i love the sunroof and rims instead of hubcaps.

I love this vehicle
By AMAZING CAR

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last year, with 130K on it. I love this car, I wish cars were still made this well and felt this stable. With Shell Vpower, I can get 34 MPG with 40% city 60% highway. Never needs anything but oil changes, and they are a snap to do yourself. It is not the most fun to drive, but with the manual trans it is better than most camrys.

5 speed trans. and the stereo is great for stock. The gas mileage is amazing with premium gas, but I get 25 with regular. It feels very sturdy and safe. It never has problems.

I do not think this car needs anything to make it better,