1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Surprisingly... Terrible Car
By Shane24 on 10/26/09 22:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1993 Toyota Camry back in April of 2005. I bought it with 125,000 miles. As soon as I bought it everything started to go wrong. I had to replace two head gaskets. Two Oxygen sensors. A wheel bearing. Two CV shafts. Of course all of this didn't go right away. But I only put 15,000 miles on it since I bought it, and that's a lot to go wrong. Plus for a V- 6 it didn't seem that peppy. Also I got horrible gas mileage. The one good thing is that it ran smooth. I've had enough of it. I'm going to trade it in. I have owned a lot of cars in the past, but nothing was ever this bad.

A Real Beauty
By Ram on 10/25/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car only four months ago with 35800 original miles. The previous owner bought new and maintained it extremely well even changing the timing belt at 20000 miles. This is a real beauty. I love how well it handles and the way it looks. Kind of reminds me of the movie with Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino" in the sense that he admired his vehicle.Currently I have less than 40000 miles on it having decided to use only occasionally in town only. Man what a beauty!

STINKS
By BILLIEBOB on 08/15/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This was the absolute worst car I have ever owned!! The car leaks oil, door handles fell off, and the windows won't go up right, I'll stick with Ford they have never given me any problem!!

Great Car
By Martin on 07/17/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry! It is very reliable and fun to drive. Between 45 and 55 it shakes, but any other speed is fine. The motor and transmission are fine at 180000 miles. I would recommend this car to anyone.

A Darn Good Car
By JB on 06/06/09 07:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After owning several American-made cars, this was definitely the BEST all around car I've had. There have been issues over the years with the electrical and little things beginning to break off (broken door handle, etc), but I think this is attributable to its age. It still runs with the best of them, a nice smooth ride and solid construction. I am still driving it, current mileage 211K. If I'd have maintained it better (regular oil changes, tires, etc) like a good car owner, no telling how long this car may last.

What A CAR!
By ANDY87 on 10/18/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

When I got my first car at 16 I drove around in an SL-1 Saturn 1995. Then I decided after a couple of years to try out an older Toyota to try out the dependability on my own. I must say this thing has nothing stopping it. Bought it at 129,000, and now I have 160,000 on it. The only things I've had to replace on it in two years was a new distributor, an engine mount, and the timing belt.

Near 200k Miles Camry
By Asdy on 08/13/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry. It is very quick for an old/cheap car. I haven't received any major problems with it since other than replacing the radiator once and a few oil leaks. The interior is nice when comparing to other cars in it's years and price.

It May Be the End
By Patrina on 07/27/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it used at 177,000 for the original owner. It had been well maintained. It only needs regular oil changed and tune ups, the power in this car is great, and I have to say that it's okay on gas. I've been rear- ended twice with no need to go to a body shop. Now at 277,000 the transmission is going and I think I have to buy a new car, but this car has taken me everywhere I fancied with absolutely no problem.

Did its job
By J. VanZanten on 04/19/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

we bought the Car for a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. It did its job. When our family got bigger we outgrew the car. Around town we would still keep it. However we need something bigger with a two kids. I see it as an old man car but Toyota makes a quality car. Ours is a little over 150,000 and still runs great.

Perfect family car
By mirandasmom772 on 02/12/08 07:27 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year and a half now. Bought it from an elderly lady who only put 48,000 miles on it from 1993-2006. The car is like new and I have only put tires, brake pads, and changed the oil in it. This is probably the best car I will ever own. My husband and daughter fit quite nicely in there with me, and we even use it to go to home depot, by dropping down the back seats. This car starts every single day and has never left me stranded. We just sold a 1992 Camry to our nephew and it had 187,000 miles when we sold it. He's getting close to the 200,000 mark. Still runs & reliable as a new car. These cars are fantastic, I will always be a loyal Toyota owner.