1992 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
The 92 Camry
By Nick on 12/30/04 14:46 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Good Car! I bought this car off my grandparents, and they did not baby it. For the first 5 years my grandfather drove 19,000 miles year, and then he gave it to his wife. The car has over 131 K miles now. Runs great on regular gas. 4cylinder gets about 26 avg. mpg. Only had 1 major problem and that was the transmision went due to pulling a boat for 10 years. Also muffler went after 12 years other then that this was a great small car and has all the features you could need. Greater stater car for kids. Power windows, locks, mirros, cd player, etc.

Best car I have ever owned
By M Case on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan

My 92 Camry SE V6 is the best car I have ever owned. Has 130,000 miles and is still in great shape. Extremely reliable. Fantastic ride on the open road. The SE body style is very sporty. Great paint job. I wish Toyota still made them like this. I have a '97 Camry that is no where near the quality of this car.

1992 Camry LE
By Brenda Glass on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car in all ways. Extremely dependable, which is important to me since I drive all over Florida for my job. It is reliable and has NEVER let me down. I have bought 3 sets of tires and 1 battery. I had a motor mount replaced and had a brake job. Other than having the oil changed every 3000 miles, that's it. Can't beat Toyota for a good, dependable automobile. I will buy another Camry.

Best car I've owned
By Joe Satisfied on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased new and maintained according to normal schedule. No mechanical problems of any kind, excellent gas milage (28+ mpg). Nothing has failed. Car performs as it did when it was new. I will keep it until something major fails, probably in another ten years. The new 2003 Toyota SE is just like my '92, only cost more. 5 speed manual is great; can't hardly find manual trans. anymore. Toyota quality is first rate. I'd buy another in an instant.

230K and counting
By 61Lakewooder on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my teenage son for his first car with 217K miles on it. The lady we bought it from bought it new and put three teenage girls through it as their first car. She had all of the maintenace records and cried when we drove away. In the last year I've put on brakes, struts, stabalizer links, etc. Nothing major and it just keeps on ticking.

High Reliablity
By joseagull on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Will be topping 275k miles this month. Still rides smooth and soft and a comfy. struts is an issue. scared to buy anything else since I am so used to the reliability factor and good ride. no major issues except for regular maintenance.

253000 miles
By rboyda on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new,it is a 4 cyl. Changed the oil every 3000 miles, timing belt every 100k and usual maintenance items. Still has the original engine, trans, etc. Has always been reliable, passed this to my son. Wife has a 96 with 110k, again no problems. Recently bought a 2000, hope to get 200k+ miles from this one.

I Love My Toyota
By Neva Rogers on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My car lacks cruise control. It does not have ABS. I have had very small problems. I take my car to the dealer and treat it like a baby. It is my joy.

I will drive it till it falls apart!
By Jenlovescats on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This was my second car. My first car was a Renault Alliance, I used that while I was going to school. I purchased this car 4 months out of nursing school and it was, without a doubt the best 20g's I spent. I haven't put a lot of miles on it; I just turned over 100,000, but it has run great for me and I am afraid to trade it in for fear of getting a less reliable car! This car has grow with me, it was sporty enough for a single gal (I have the moon roof and I got the detail package), then a married gal and now a Mom. It has transitioned nicely with my personal life. It sure isn't as clean and it was when I didn't have any little ones!!!

Sorry I didn't buy one sooner
By Toyo-lover on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the V6-XLE used in 2000 with 88,000 mi., now has 122,000. The V6 is strong, smooth, and effortless. The ride is very comfortable & smooth. It handles just the way you want it to. This is my first Toyota, and based on my experience with this one, it won't be my last!