Used 1992 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
My quick lil Camry
By KBurnette09

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have the 3.0 liter v6 and it runs VERY strong. I took out the horrible fan design that runs off of the power steering and hooked up 2 electric fans with a relay on the ignition. Just got a new performance transmission put in it with a cold air intake and its a very quick car. I bought it for $300 and it had a wrecked hood and radiator and I replaced that for $350. And the new tranny was only $1100.

Favorite Features

I love that mine came with the chrome 5 star wheels. The leather interior. The easily accessible engine. GREAT CAR.

Suggested Improvements

They should have made a 3.8 liter version. Then I coulda slapped a supercharger intake on it.

This car is my baby
By jesse arzola

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago and ever since it's still running. It cost me $1000 and I put over a grand into it. I'm thinking of painting it. It drives better than my neighbors cheap Nissan altima 97 fo sho in yo face manny (my neighbor) Toyota beat your Nissan again

Favorite Features

when you open your door after your cars off with the headlights on it automatically shuts the headlights off

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a higher clearance off the ground

BEST FRIGGIN CAR IN THE WORLD!
By codaddictions

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a guy on craigslist and she was already 18 years old. Haha she's as old as me already and she has still been going so strong. Has 203,000 miles on her and runs like a new car. The only thing that has given out on her was a part on the fuel injector and that was fixed she was up and running like a champ again. Her muffler gave out only a week ago and I don't really blame her since she's had the original ever since she was made. Love this car to death. She's cute and that little baby blue color; she's not just a car she's my baby! LOVE THIS CAR TO DEATH. I hope to burn her out to 300,000 miles <3<

Favorite Features

That comfortable interior and the amazing handling. The exterior is adorable too <3

Suggested Improvements

Eh nothing! Well I know a few people that I know that own the same year model had trouble with the antennae on the back end I guess? Because I guess the one on my car had issues and just finally broke off.

poor reliability
By mharon

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Not sure if my car just sucks or something, but i bought a camry last year with 112,000 miles on it. I bought it for $2000, and have so far put a total of $4500 into it and now it needs a new transmission. I will not be buying a camry again. yea the car will go forever if you can start it, but once you turn it off, you dont know if it will start again, or if it will just fall apart randomly. IF YOU DO BUY THIS CAR CHECK THE DOOR HANDLES. This is a super common problem ive seen with all camrys of this year. ask the owner if any door handles have been replaced.

I can see why...
By Pat

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for a year and a half, I can see why it is the best selling car in America. My car gets around 27 MPG while being very comfortable, and the 4 cylinder engine, while not having tons of power, has good mid-range torque. It is a very comfortable car on the highway, and handles corners pretty well. The steering is, well, boring, but it gets the job done. Seeing as my car only has 93,000 miles on it, I plan on keeping it as long as possible.

Favorite Features

Very quiet and comfortable on the highway, great mileage (Averaging 27 MPG, but I have seen 34 MPG), a beast in the snow. Rarely breaks, and when it does it is usually very easy and cheap to fix.

Suggested Improvements

A bit boring, and I wish the engine had a bit more power. If you carry a full load of people often, I would suggest taking the hit on mileage and getting the V6.