1990 Toyota Camry 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Takes a Lickin & keeps

1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

Takes a Lickin & keeps on Tickin
By Mike S. on

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I bought my Camry right after 9/11 at a public auction for about a grand after taxes and stuff. It was used and abused at 200,000 miles and still runs good at 271,000 miles. I always said that I would get tired of this car before it got tired of me, and I was right. I'll probably be selling "Hillary" soon, and the new owner won't be getting a lemon either. Repairs have been few and far between, a couple alternators (non-Toyota replacements), a broken timing belt (probably the original), power window motor, etc. It's hard to drive a car with so little power in a city these days, but I do most of my driving in rural Illinois anyway.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seat. Good interior layout. Reliability. Smooth ride, even at 75+ MPH . Decent handling, but nothing to get excited about. Good interior size, and a surprisingly large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Too much rust, we don't all live in sunny arid climates where nothing ever rusts! No freaking power. MPG could be better, but then again this is a car from another era.