2007 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Good car... but not great
By randycareagain on 02/22/14 18:21 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My mom bought this car brand new and I bought it off of her in 2010. I got it from her with around 70k miles on it. The 4 cylinder is a good, gas-sipping engine but a bit underpowered. This showed when driving on hilly interstates and with the cruise control on. The sport shift was also useless with very slow response. The only real issue I had with the car is the long, heavy doors. After a while, the driver side door started to sag causing the windows not to seal all the way. Heavy rain or even a car wash would allow a bit of water to leak into the car. Those issues aside, I was very happy with the car and just traded it in recently with around 132k miles on it.

Still lovin' it!
By yolee1 on 12/08/12 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

An update to a review I posted in 2010. I've had the car for 2 years, 68000 miles on it now, absolutely no problems with it is so far. I love my car! Recently replaced the low profile tires which were a bit expensive but must say work great in the snow (feel more comfortable driving this car in the snow than I did driving my last small SUV, handles great). Getting in and out of the car is more of a challenge (especially for my hubby) but I love the sporty look and feel of it so I guess that's the price you gotta pay. We definitely made the right switch from Chevy to Toyota, our Chevy parts supply guy is probably wondering what happened. Hope to drive my Solara for the next 10 years!

A great car so far
By benebsm on 03/29/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the sport conv. used the end of 2007 with about 11K miles on it. I chose this car because it is front wheel drive and has a heck of a alot of trunk space for a convertible. In addition it is a sharp looking car and I was banking on Toyota reliability. To date I have close to 90K miles on it. No issues thus far. Put new tires and brakes. Aside from that just oil changes and the regular maintainance stuff. The pick up is OK although it is a bit sluggish going up hills. The gas mileage is good averaging low-mid 20's depending on highway/city driving mix. The top is a cinch to drop. I still often get compliments on the car as it is sharp looking. And it is lots of fun!

Love it!
By Yolee on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car for about a month, so far love it! We have always been Chevy/Buick fans but my husband got tired of constantly working on them, we decided to give Toyota a try (time will tell if we've made the right choice).I went from a small SUV and was worried that going back to a car the ride would feel low, it doesn't. I love the look of the Solara, the pearl finish, so far I pretty much love everything about the car. Smooth ride, descent gas mileage (average around 29, country driving), the classy cream leather interior, the navigation system and blue-tooth. Feel like a spoiled princess driving this car, feels like I'm driving a Lexus.

From Buick to Toyota
By Yolee on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My husband was tired of working on our GM vehicles so we decided to give Toyota a try (time will tell). So far I love it! He wanted an Accord, I didn't care for the bumpy ride. The Solara is beautifully smooth (like buttah). I love the car! The interior is classy, does look like a Lexus, love everything about it. Learning to use the navigation system, very cool. The exterior is nice, love the pearl white color. We're averaging over 29 MPG, not bad for a V6 (live out in the country). Will post another update in a few years, but hoping the constant "working on fixing something on the car days" are over.

It is a Toyota
By steve b. on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This a very good car, rides good handles all weather conditions very well, great gas mileage 29+ miles per gallon. Sporty good looks what else can I say, I plan on keeping this car for a long time, this car would make a good used car for anyone who wants a 2 door coupe.

Great Car, Summer Fun
By carluvr on 08/22/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I think Toyota is making a huge mistake in discontinuing this model. I was in a rear-end collision and had I been in a two seater, I shudder to think of where I would be now. the car is well built and ultimately protected me so that not only did I walk away, I returned to work later, when I stopped shaking. I suffered whiplash and I'm still dealing with that. The dealership did a fabulous job in returning the car to its original condition and you can't even tell it was in an accident.

Toyota Quality Not What it used to be
By rb106 on 10/01/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car has chronic problem with pulling to right, front windows bang when they go down into door and the dealer says that is normal as the car ages. The car does not handle roads very well, there are lots of rattles and ride's very rough. I have owned several Toyota's and this is by far the worst Toyota I have ever owned. I know that everyone who writes loves theirs but I can't say the same. The dealer and Toyota specialist keep telling me that I'm too fussy and all the problems are in my head. Friends that drive the car agree that there is something wrong but I can't seem to get Toyota to agree with me.

Love this car
By bgardn3 on 09/22/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just the looks of this Solara coupe sold me on the car. It also did not hurt that it got 9's and above from used car owner reviews. It looks great standing still and the 4 cylinder sips gas. I averaged 33 on the highway driving it home from Florida. Roomy back seat for a coupe. We love it and hope it lasts a good long time. It is roomier than the Accord or the Altima and that is another reason we picked it. Too bad they are no longer in production.

LOVE This Car!
By ccald on 09/03/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota Solara SLE Convertible for just about three years now. I absolutely love it! I was so very sorry to hear of the model's demise. I think Toyota made a mistake there. I wanted a 4 seater not a 2 seater convertible without being a huge car and there are not many of those made. The retractable hard roofs take up trunk space which I do not like. My car has really good trunk space. I have seen too many of the convertibles with very poor trunk space. I would have continued buying Toyota's convertibles if they had continued making the Solara. I live in the middle south and convertibles are definitely the way to go. Toyota: PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.