Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

AWESOME!
By Judi in Richmond

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 112500 miles...no problems and I love the car. Smooth driving, high performance and handles great in the rain. Love having the top down and enjoying the fresh air. Can't explain why I waited so long to consider a convertible! Best decision ever made. Don't have a garage, but have purchased a cover for the winter months when I won't be using it. Have found 2 new (2008) models in Virginia but Toyota has now stopped building Solara. Too bad....I might want to a newer one in next couple of years. Best convertible on the market.

Favorite Features

Automatic top release/closure; leather interior is sexy

Suggested Improvements

How do you improve on perfection? This is an awesome vehicle for the money.

My therapy
By Htees

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Solara conv. has been the perfect 'crisis' vehicle for a family guy that wants to cruise, enjoy the fresh air, and still have the ability to take company along. The design draws compliments, the performance is adequate, and the comfort is outstanding. It could use a little more structural support and better suspension components, but other than that no real complaints. The top has proven VERY reliable and sound for a seven year old cloth top, and I have only treated it(water proofing)and had it retightened twice for minimal cost. So far reliability has been outstanding and I just turned 90,000.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride for a convertible and comfort for four people. Top and paint have held up well. Trunk is large for a vert, holds 2 golf bags AND 2 overnight/weekend bags. The dog loves it too.

Suggested Improvements

If I keep it, the suspension will be upgraded and the chasis stiffend with subframe supports.

I love this car
By Ellen in Charlotte

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a year for a used Solara convertible and I'm glad I waited. I have the 6-cyl and it drives like a sportscar. I have only done regular maintenance (did the 90K mi service), as it has needed nothing else. I plan to drive this car until it falls to pieces, which could be 10 more years. Comfort is great for the driver and passenger, the back seat passengers have complained a bit. And, of course, it's a bit noisy on the highway with the top up, just not completely airtight but who cares?

Favorite Features

Handling, style, convertible top, sound system, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding? I love this car. Thank you, Toyota.

jim
By jfarrell

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Runs terrific with good pick-up and handleing. Front wheel drive.

Satisfaction
By Hornet

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was the owner of a Chrysler Sebring Convertible (1998) which was purchased new. I would never buy another one. I purchased this Certified 2001 Solara Convertible (SLE V6) and found it to be a superb vehicle. I have owner Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, Volvo and Toyota automobiles over these many years. This is the best.

Favorite Features

Ride, seating comfort and acceleration for the type of vehicle that it is. Also, relative quite for a rag top.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and an automatic boot to cover the top when it is down.