2000 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Great Car
By lmollstl on 01/18/09 07:46 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car since new and the only thing I have done to it besides change oil is to install new front brakes and battery. I have also replaced the tires twice. This is the first import I have owned and cannot believe the quality and reliability of it. No other car owned even comes close.

Great Car
By Great Car on 12/01/08 14:44 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used and to this day I don't have a bad any thing. It is a great car from day one. I bought with 72k now have 139k still running strong. I would recommend this car to anyone looking into buying a solar.

Reliable Comfortable Good-looking Value
By dapqam on 10/24/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when 2 years old and with 30K miles. Now have 72K miles and only one significant problem. Driver side window motor quit. $500 dealer replacement. Otherwise great. Comfortable, good looking, reliable. In summer of 2008 I finally replaced the original battery! I take good care of my cars, synthetic oil, regular maintenance on coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, filters. Twice yearly oil application on underside of car and in doors and under hood to prevent rust. I plan on keeping this car indefinitely. Am always tempted to buy a new Camry but I keep this one because I am so happy with it.

Functional, but with major problems
By David Hull on 05/04/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I've always owned Ford products until this Toyota, and was expecting great things. Bought it with just over 35,000 miles on it. At 55,000 miles, had to replace the engine after a broken push rod destroyed the lower half. Thankfully, the local dealer was able to arrange "good will" coverage, as the warranty had just expired. I've never been able to keep an alignment on the car for more than a few months, and have major vibration through the steering column at highway speeds. It handles well but lacks any power, as you might imagine with a 4-cylinder. I'm sorely disappointed with my first Toyota.

Great reliable transportation
By A Edwards on 06/22/07 08:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

It's the first Toyota I have owned, and the only brand I will continue to use.

By bruno libratore on 05/30/07 06:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

This has been the most hassle free vehicle I have ever purchased. All I have done is change the oil and 3 sets of tires. No other maintenance except coolant every 50k miles. If you can buy one, get it.

Got Sol
By In my sol on 05/22/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this awesome car for 3 years and have only needed to change the oil. Recently, I am having some suspension issues - not surprising after 100K miles. The CD player also died recently. I would definitely buy another!

Solid Performer
By Westie_Lover on 01/09/07 10:50 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I've run this car like no other. It has had a couple of minor problems but nothing major in 110K miles. Far and away the best car I've ever owned. Body still tight and fuel economy great, even in stop-and-go traffic. Engine looks almost new.

Fantastic car
By Tjepp on 11/03/06 17:57 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used a few years ago with ~75000 miles. Turns out to be one of the best buys I've made. The Solara runs like a top. It's been nothing but reliable and remarkably sturdy. Even now with 105000 on the odometer the steering is still tight and it rides just as nice as the day I bought it. I had the 100000 mile service done at the dealer recently which set me back around $1000. Other than that I haven't had to do anything outside of gas/tires/oil change. Overall a very good car. Comfortable, relatively roomy, great gas mileage, superb reliability, even fast and steady on the highway. The only problem now is, what do I replace it with when it does wear out in 5 to 10 years?

Great Car
By Sven Phedeoux on 03/10/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I love my Toyota "Corvette"