A nice improvement over the prior model
By sswitze on
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I considered several vehicles before recently purchasing my Avalon Limited Hybrid with tech package. I ultimately decided on the Avalon as I have had good reliability with prior Toyota's and it had a nice balance of driving fun, size, and fuel economy. I also feel the interior was superior to the slightly more expensive Lexus similar hybrid model which was a pleasant surprise. I have not noticed any glare problems from the dash chrome as some have complained. I also have had no interior issues with the headliner which was also a complaint in some reviews. I find the ride slightly more stiff than I would prefer, though still nicer than many other vehicles I have driven.
Favorite Features
Great fuel economy for a vehicle this size. I am averaging the advertised 40 mpg. In addition, the car is comfortable and quite quiet at low and high speeds. The sport mode does have a noticeable effect on the vehicle which was a pleasant surprise as my prior vehicles mode options had little effect. The tech package safety features including dynamic cruise control work great. I also found the ventilated seats cool much better than my other vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
The suspension/ride should be slightly softened or a soft suspension comfort mode should be added. I am young and prefer a sporty ride, however I still find the current one too stiff. I also would like to see the Navigation HDD system software updated as it is still inferior in my opinion to many other competitor companies software. I would also like to see a heated steering wheel and panoramic sunroof option in the top trim.