Why is Toyota Going Backwards??
By dpast276 on
2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Had to purchase a replacement 2011 4Runner for my 2005 4Runner Sport Ed. due to damages from a body shop. I have to ask " What is Toyota thinking??"
1) This vehicle is severely under powered! Take off feels like being in 4 cylinder car w/ full power a/c
2) No gas latch / security
3) No cargo cover included w/ vehicle, Expensive purchase at $153.00 + tax or shipping/handling.
4) Lightning in the cargo are is crap, all lighting was installed on the back door. Non are actually in the cargo area/ Where you will actually be using.
5) Removed automatic back latch,
have to slam down.
6) Why is a newer vehicle getting lower gas mileage than an older version?? 05 4Runner 19
new 17?? Really!!
I think that the accelerator is designed to help/force you to get better gas mileage.
What I mean is that it requires you to depress the pedal more in order to get the acceleration and by causing you to do that, it will keep you more pedal/fuel conscious.
I get acceptable acceleration out of mine, but have to kick it down more than half way to do so and that feels unusual.
I am used to an accelerator that gives a more linear track of acceleration to pedal travel as well.