Why is Toyota Going Backwards??
By dpast276 on
2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Had to purchase a replacement 2011 4Runner for my 2005 4Runner Sport Ed. due to damages from a body shop. I have to ask " What is Toyota thinking??" 1) This vehicle is severely under powered! Take off feels like being in 4 cylinder car w/ full power a/c 2) No gas latch / security 3) No cargo cover included w/ vehicle, Expensive purchase at $153.00 + tax or shipping/handling. 4) Lightning in the cargo are is crap, all lighting was installed on the back door. Non are actually in the cargo area/ Where you will actually be using. 5) Removed automatic back latch, have to slam down. 6) Why is a newer vehicle getting lower gas mileage than an older version?? 05 4Runner 19 new 17?? Really!!
By ckimmel
on 11/03/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

I think that the accelerator is designed to help/force you to get better gas mileage. What I mean is that it requires you to depress the pedal more in order to get the acceleration and by causing you to do that, it will keep you more pedal/fuel conscious. I get acceptable acceleration out of mine, but have to kick it down more than half way to do so and that feels unusual. I am used to an accelerator that gives a more linear track of acceleration to pedal travel as well.