2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Had to purchase a replacement 2011 4Runner for my 2005 4Runner Sport Ed. due to damages from a body shop. I have to ask " What is Toyota thinking??"
1) This vehicle is severely under powered! Take off feels like being in 4 cylinder car w/ full power a/c
2) No gas latch / security
3) No cargo cover included w/ vehicle, Expensive purchase at $153.00 + tax or shipping/handling.
4) Lightning in the cargo are is crap, all lighting was installed on the back door. Non are actually in the cargo area/ Where you will actually be using.
5) Removed automatic back latch,
have to slam down.
6) Why is a newer vehicle getting lower gas mileage than an older version?? 05 4Runner 19
new 17?? Really!!
I think that the accelerator is designed to help/force you to get better gas mileage.
What I mean is that it requires you to depress the pedal more in order to get the acceleration and by causing you to do that, it will keep you more pedal/fuel conscious.
I get acceptable acceleration out of mine, but have to kick it down more than half way to do so and that feels unusual.
I am used to an accelerator that gives a more linear track of acceleration to pedal travel as well.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.