2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
its like driving a bob sled...
By ricco on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

since new it has been wandering all over the road, has had 9 front end alignments will not hold them for more than a week.needed struts,front brakes,fuel tank,computor went bad,four wheel drive stopped working,tires need replaced at 9000 miles.other than that no other problems to speak of...

Great Vehicle for the Family!
By Eric82 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased this vehicle and am very satisfied with it's performance. It is fairly spacious and provides easy access to spare tire, vehicle jack, and also has an electrical outlet in the inside rear of the cabin. Good purchase decision on my part!

This car is really great
By Humberto on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Hey guys. I don't really know whether I am just feeling too much enthusiastic or not with this car. (It's the first new car I just bought here in America new from the dealer, with zero miles). The really thing, is that I just love to drive it everyday even to do simple things like going to work. Its v6 engine is strong, with a good pickup, brakes and comfort. What else can I say about this car? It is a beautiful car. I just feel that I made a great business and saved a lot of money buying it.

Best Small SUV for the Money
By Jeff Mertz on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'd buy another one in a heart beat. I get 24mpg city and 28mpg highway

POG
By cherylkf on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Piece of garbage. Leaks transmission fluid, burns oil, a/c is on all the time, rattles so badly it sounds like it's going to come appart like one of those cartoon cars. It started all of this at 18,000 miles. And, I have taken care of it...regular maintenance, etc.

air bags
By hocuspoc on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

over all I loved this vehical, that is up until I had a accident where i was hit in the passenger front end, bad enough that the vehical was totalled and neither the driver side or passanger side air bag came out... still haven't got any reason as to why they didn't go off ...

AWESOME
By car1820 on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

NO PROBLEMS AND VERY GOOD LOOKING. MINE IS BLACK LTD WITH FRONT BUSH BAR, REAR SPOILER, RUNNING BOARDS, MP3 PLAYER, CHROME AFTER MARKET AR ALLOY RIMS.

Great SUV, great looks , good power!
By vago621 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this SUV for a month now and I absolutely love it. I like the way it looks and how people stare at it when im driving by! i owned a 4 cylinder car before, but when I drove the Grand Vitara What a difference! I look forward to driving it everyday. i do highway 5 days a week and it has nice passing power.I would recomend it to everybody.

Great car for the price
By Vitara Pimp on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of pick-up tons of fun to drive only real complaint is crammed back seat and trunk space. There is plenty of trunk space but only if you put the back seats down. Also the chrome hub caps that they used to come with should be put back on I had go to an after market dealer to get them. Also living in Florida the windows are just too clear and the air conditioner cannot keep up with the heat that comes in through the standard windows so window tinting is a must down here. Other than that a great car for the price there is no better made SUV on the market. To get something better you have to be willing to spend more money.

not too good, Even at that price.
By medin on 03/11/02 19:31 PM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall the car is not horrible, but I keep having problems with the aligment and the dealer has done it 5 times with no success. I have had problems with the door locks, body molding, radio and tires. The dealer has not been the most attentive one. I would not buy another and would not recommend it. I would also not recommend the dealer, Bill Seidel, for anything. The only positive thing that I can really say is that the car has a good pick-up and is a sturdy SUV.