1999 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Dealer is the worst - Paul Brother VA
By Pissed Customer on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I like the car very much but not after seeing the dealership. The car is troubled after 50K miles. The whole car will shake from RPM 2500 to 3200. My transmission forward will delayed. The dealer has not willing to fix the car problems and keep ignore me coz my car still under the powertrain warranty(no money to earn). Dealer just keep postpone the fix time and put all problems on Subaru Corp. It's waste me lot of time without solve my car problems. I don't think I will buy Subaru car in rest of my life just because the dealer so terrible.

Wonderful car!
By budakhjs on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

i bought this car, expecting a boring station wagon. what i got was a great little peppy all-wheel drive beast.

review
By bobdavis on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I had to get a new transmission at 70K. I am a mom and drove it to and from work with a few long highway trips. I was pretty disturbed by the whole incident.

Quirky little bugger!
By Confused owner on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 30th Anniversary 4dr Wagon AWD

I've had this car for a few months now and it's already been in the shop three times. I actually love the car but wish that a mechanic could deteremine why the car has difficulty shifting from reverse to drive (it's an automatic transmission).

Great Car
By EITAK on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy 30th Anniversary 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car... it is great with the snow and everything i love it!!

Traction Machine
By MY99 2.5GT on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy GT 4dr Sedan AWD

I am very pleased with the value per $ I have gotten out of my 99 Legacy GT. The interior seems very stylish luxurious but comfortable. The exterior has razor sharp classic line styling. The 2.5 litre flat 4-cylinder has a suprising amount of torque not present in other comparable 4-cylinder equiped cars. All I can say is All Wheel Drive = All We'll Drive

California snow car
By Satisfied owner on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy 30th Anniversary 4dr Sedan AWD

The car has run flawlessly for over 100,000. I've run it in all kinds of conditions--even where Jeeps don't go. It has never broken down and given me any problems other than regular maintenance. Great ski car, love the fold down back seat. Used it to tow a small sailboat as well.

Subie's good!!!
By vxr on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 30th Anniversary 4dr Wagon AWD

Just bought a used subie(30th year limited outback edition) a couple of months back. I have already put 4k miles in two months, just roaming in- state of colorado. Because of it's high ground clearance, I am able to take it onto dirt roads filled with snow which I wouldn't dare otherwise. Subie's vibration damping is good and body roll is largely contained during twisty turns on the mountains. I really like this car & just couldn't wait for the ski season.

Great Car but Subaru Dealers SUCK!
By mila on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 30th Anniversary 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought the Subaru wagon used in June 2002. Had a oil leak problem that has escalated to a severe problem. Under warranty, took to dealer to fix. Dealer mechanics are idiots! Customer service was horrible! They treated me like crap! But I still love my car.

LEMON...legal measures/will/be/taken
By Allison DeWitt on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Limited 30th Anniversary 4dr Sedan AWD

In and out of the shop. Warranty is barely up Complained about the need for the latest repair..it magically disappeared today,BUT something more expensive needs work. noisy motor sounds..... finish is not holding up, lots of rattlesWhy didn't I buy a Honda or Jetta?