2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: As Advertised!

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

As Advertised!
By JoshinMN on

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly as advertised. It's powerful, it's fun to drive. This car isn't meant to be a luxury car, so yeah, the ride's harsh. But if you want luxury, buy some slow Cadillac. And the ride's not all that bad, really. There's a few quirks and things that I've noticed, but the only unscheduled maintenance has been minor. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that I bought this car. If you have the money and want a fast, fun, car, THIS IS IT! You would not get me to trade this in for a Porsche, Vette, or M3 at any price. Maybe an E55 or M5, but that would be about it. And those are $50K more.

300hp, 300 ft-lb. AWD. 6-speed. Seats provide good support. And yet all this with 4 doors, and if you put on suitable tires you can drive it in the winter.

The shifter does tend to be a little vague; sometimes it seems to resist going into 3rd. Wish there was an option for a more modest spoiler. Since 99.9% of my driving is on regular roads, I would have paid extra for some kind of stability control (if there was an off switch!).