Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 286 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

best city car
By Akehiko Takahashi

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

There is no cruise control.

Love this car!
By Fern

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is awesome! I've had it for 10 years now, bought the bright green RS series 3 brand new. It has 107,000 miles on it and I've had no major mechanical problems with it. Just the usual maintenance. I've had to replace the exhaust gasket twice already, minor. I've also had to replace the engine belts twice due to squealing. The only things that I've had problems with are the power door locks will stick if someone tries to open the doors as you are hitting the unlock button. The cd player also gives me trouble, it wont eject the cd when I press the button, I have to keep pressing it multiple times and it finally spits it out with alot of grinding sounds.. I remember bringing it to the dealership within the first 3 years because the ipod plug was giving me issues. These problems don't bother me enough to fix in a 10 year old car unless they stop working completely. I've also had to replace my windshield twice, this model has some sort of design flaw which places stress on the windshield causing it to crack. By reading other reviews, I seem to be lucky to only have replaced it twice. This car is super roomy, lots of rear leg room. I can fit large pieces of furniture in it, bureaus,dryers, a washing machine. It has high seats, feels like you're sitting upright in a chair. Great visibility all around. I have a roof rack so I throw a 13 foot canoe on top of it very frequently. I also love the tow hooks you can install on the bumpers! Very handy for tying down the canoe! My only complaints are the weak engine, I also will not pull out in front of cars as it has no pep on take off. The front seats have no lower back support, very uncomfortable for long trips. No cruise control, also not convenient for long trips. I personally think the pros outweight the cons with this vehicle. Pretty excited at the super high mileages some of these other reviewers are reporting on these reviews! I'm the type of person who hates having a car payment! I'll drive it into the ground before I buy a new car. Thanks for reading!

2006 and 400+K miles and still ticking!
By K Kapitan

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am doing this review for my sons car. 2012 my son bought a 2006 Scion xb. It had extremely low miles on it when he bought it. Being a newby buyer he didn't want my help, lol. Last yr he decided to try and sell it and odometer read 92K miles on it (9 yrs old at the time). Someone loved it and ran a carfax on it. To his dismay it said that it had around 350K on it at the time he bought it, which leads to the fact that someone turned the odometer. Anyway - He has owned it 4 yrs and still owns it. He has never had to put any work into it other than the normal maintenance. This car currently is 10 yrs old and has over 400K miles on it and just keeps on ticking. I am just amazed what a phenomenal little car this is despite the mileage issues. I just had to rave on my sons behalf!!! OH! There is one thing that was bad with the car and that was the back latch which I guess is a history on this car breaks. We had it fixed and just an amazing car. I will describe my son in the "Describe Yourself" below part.

Best car we've ever owned
By Paul w

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new on 06. Ten years later, and 186,000 miles it is still going strong. We've made the NY to FLA trip 6 times, ski and never a problem. No major repairs ever- only scheduled maintenance and oil changes. Simply put- the best car we've ever owned.

best vehicle value ever
By v alvarez

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great visibility to drive. Lots of interior space . Love the buying experience "never" want to buy any other way again. After over 10 yrs it still handles and rides like year one. Best value in an auto I ever had.