2006 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
what happened
By bryanjz2 on 10/25/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for six months and all was going well until I came home from work one day. I was in the house for five minutes and my car spontaniously combusted. They told me it was an electrical short. Enjoy!!!!!!!

I'm in love
By JeremyDS on 10/20/05 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents just bought me a 2006 Scion tC, and I love the standard features. I had looked at others like Mazdas and Hondas which were in the same price range, but in order to get features like alloy wheels, and a sunroof, a nice stereo, the price then shot up. I did something gutsy; I never test drove it and asked for it anyway. Now that i have it, I love it. I love the way it drives. It's got great pick up or for a 4 banger. It also has a real smooth ride, and nice roomy front and back seats. This is an awesome car. I love it and it loves me.

Fun as Heck!
By madman on 10/17/05 23:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Driving my 2006 Scion tC is way more fun then driving my Volkswagen Jetta. It's as fast as heck. The 5-speed manual transmission gives you a rush of adrenaline. It has a stylish and supringlly roomy rear seat and stylish interior. This car is affordable and you can trick it out.

Sweet Car
By Mike on 10/11/05 03:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've been thorougly impressed with my tC so far. With its peppy engine, great build quality, sweet standard rims, long list of stock features, and more room at every seat (including all 3 backseats) than a 4-door Honda Civic or Volkswagen Jetta, the tC's been great. I love the sport seats that standard, and the ability to tune this thing out like crazy. There's decent trunk room for a coupe, and the car looks amazing in black when it's clean and the rims are shined up. Can't even say how many great comments I've gotten on it, and how many people asking what kind of car it is, and then going on to say how cool it is, especially for under 18 grand. A 5 star car at a bargain price.

Love It!
By conrad on 10/08/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When the gas prices started rocketing, I thought it best to get rid of my beloved Jeep Wrangler. What I ended up with was the hotest car on the market for the price, the Scion tC. Instead of the 15 mpg / hwy that I was getting I now get 30!!

Holy Scion
By James White on 09/23/05 16:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the scion has been the best car I have ever owned, out of 5 cars including a 94 ford tbird lx, 98 gmc sonoma sls, 95 lexus es 300, and a 99 honda accord ex, my scion soars over them with ease in performance, comfort and all around excitement on the road. I wouldn't trade my scion tc for the world, unless that is lexus offers me a IS 350...hehe

2006 Scion tC
By John on 09/22/05 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The tC has adequate power but it won't overwhealm you. The seats are very comfortable bu a little wide. The interior looks beautiful with high quality materials that look like they belong on a car that costs a lot more. I have had at least 3 or 4 people come up to me and ask me about it and if I like the car. It rides pretty stiff on large wheels and a taught suspension so if a cushy ride is what you are looking for, this isn't it. In conclusion, the tC is a great car and you just can't find a better car out there for less money.

Toyota's New Prodigy
By tbbaot on 09/22/05 20:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I took delivery of the new 06 Scion TC two weeks ago. I have owned other sporty cars from Toyota and Honda. For the money this is the best car I have ever owned. It comes standard with a long list of premium features and screams Toyota quality. If you compare the TC with sporty cars from Honda, Mazda and even Toyotas, you can't beat the value.

2006 Scion tC
By Stefano Bury on 09/21/05 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2006 Scion tC about 3 months ago and couldn't be happier. I traded in a 2000 Mercury Mystique, called the poor man's BMW. There's nothing out there in the entry level compact car. I researched the Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Nissan Sentra, and Honda Civic (no Korean cars, though), and the best bang for my buck was the tC. Did you know they're monospec? It means there is only one base model, but... The base model comes with power windows both with one touch activation, panorama roof and moonroof, mp3 player, 160hp and 163 lb/ft torque, and best of all... Toyota reliability! Only complaint is the aft panel in the roof sometimes rattles on bad roads, but what do you expect from a $17,000 car?

Black Tc
By Raquel on 09/19/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car looks like a high quality car but the inside seems to have gaps like in the dor way every thing is good the sterio cover is a good idea but some times it wont shut i have 12,000 mi and every one of them had laughs and smiles to go with them

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.