1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
quality car
By california girl on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for almost 10 years now and it has been extremely reliable. I only had to have one major service performed beyond the recommended and that was after it hit 100,000 miles and it was not anything beyond normal wear. The car is still fun to drive and I would definitely consider another Saturn as a replacement.

Worth every dollar I spent
By rbrown17 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW1 4dr Wagon

I know that the Saturn wagon was not the most popular vehicle on the road, but it had to be one of the most reliable. I had very few problems with Saturn Wagon in the 189,000 miles that I had it. With the little engine, I was still able to take a family of 4 camping with my sailboat on the roof. It averaged 34-35 miles per gallon until the very end. I did have one very minor problems with the car off lot, but it was taken care of quickly and without cost. I am disappointed that the Ion lost so much gas mileage compared to the original Saturn wagons, but I would definitely consider a Saturn in the future.

Great Car
By Pete1253 on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Probably the most reliable car I have ever owned - never cost a nickel aside from routine maintenance. Bought the car used in 1996, and would have been happy to drive the car another 3 or 4 years had the car not died a miserable death in an auto crash.

Bulletproof and fun to drive
By DigitalDog on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This car has been absolutely phenomenal. After 9 years of ownership, it is still the best damn car I've ever owned. It has only seen the dealer for regular maintenance and even at 97000 miles the clutch is in perfect working order. The interior is still flawless although the seats are a little less supportive than they used to be, which is to be expected. The only thing that doesn't work is one of the backlights in the HVAC controls. The only thing I regret is that Saturn doesn't make this car anymore.

This is the worst car I have ever owned.
By Ice Pick on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in march of 2001, and it has set a record at the dealer I bought it at. That record is the cost of the repairs. It is on its third transmission, it has a new feul pump, new radiator core, most of the engine has been replaced, it has had about four major oil leaks, the list goes on. The car gets good gas mileage, it is fast, it handles like a dream. But I have never, ever seen a car with such horrible reliability. I recommend this car to no one.

Bulletproof Car
By darthmaul on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Bought my '94 Saturn SL in June '96 with 40k miles. The car had a rebuilt title as it had been in a major accident. I was hoping to get 60k relatively dependable miles out of it, but I've gotten much, much more. Today, the car has 200k miles and pretty much runs/looks the same as the day I bought it. Love the plastic body panels and paint job - looks like a new car still. I've had regular maintenance costs only. Great reliable transportation with good fuel efficiency. Highly recommended!

not too shabby
By wabash on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW1 4dr Wagon

i bought my 94 SW1 over 2 years ago with 103,000 miles on it. i am now up to 140,000 miles and all i had to do was put in an alternator. the thing keeps running. i dont like how slow it is, but i guess the lack of speed and power increases longevity of the car.

Never a Saturn again for me.
By joycew on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Saturn from a private owned person in July of 2002, since then I have had to replace, thermostat, coolant temperature sensor unit, altanator, the BIG computer. It has left me stranded on several occasions. Local mechanics usually don't want to touch it and you have to buy most of your major parts from the dealership at a very high cost. Aside from the normal upkeep of my car I have spent about $1,000 on it. Finally the gear cables broke on me to work on day, I parked it and will not drive it again.

Love my Saturn
By saturnlover1 on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

Very, very reliable. I have 132,000 miles on it and have had not a bit of trouble. Just the usual maintanance.

My Best Car Yet
By exm22 on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

My Saturn SC2 goes up for sale tomorrow with over 152k on it and it's still going strong and looks almost as good as the day we bought it. I have owned Mitsubishi, Toyota, VW, and other cars and only the Dodge Colt has made it as far as this Saturn without trouble. For an American car, this has been truly amazing experience. The only repairs I have had in all this time have been a water pump and alternator. I can honestly say that if it weren't for the high miles and the long distances I drive, I would keep this car even longer. I am going to miss the way it handles and rides.