Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Great car
By Frank

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

This car has truely surprised me, I bought it for $3K in 2000, expecting it to last me one year, but here we are six years later and the car is truely running strong. It as a great center of gravity for those times you want to punch it on the curves. It saves on gas, it have a nice body design and it has been fun to drive. The only major work I've had to do on this 12 year old car is change the clutch, other than that, it's super!

Favorite Features

The handling on the car is wonderful, the size is just right and the interior is great!

Suggested Improvements

A little more head room, I'm 6' tall and I sometimes mess up my hair with the ceiling of the car.

What a car!
By MacHappy

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I am so pleased with my Saturn SL2. I bought it new in August of 1994. It has been our primary car, family car and now my work car. On a recent trip to Eastern Washington, my car hit 300,000 miles! Aside from replacing worn out parts (belt tensioner, serpentine belt, battery, and altenator) the car has been fantastic! It is fun to drive, very dependable and a joy to have. After 11 years of ownership and now 303,000 miles I am still going strong in my Saturn.

Favorite Features

Dependable, fuel economy, sporty feel, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

A little too noisy on the road.

1994 Saturn SL 4 door sedan
By Ed

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

This has been an amazingly trouble free car. It is 11 years old, consistently gets better than 38 MPG (Hwy) and has had very little maintenance. In fact, I have had 4 repairs (outside regular maintenance) in 9 years of owning the vehicle, and the most expensive was $400.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Seats get uncomfortable on long (4-10 hour) drives.

No worries car
By Joe

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

For Sure. No worries with this car whatsoever. Clutch is a bit weak after 150k miles But I've never had a major repair in the 4 years I've owned it. I purchased the car from the original owner, and they hadn't had to fix anything on it either. I'm even quite lazy with oil changes and the car never breaks. Even if you don't have power steering the car is easy to turn. And since the engine is tiny you gain more POWER without power steering! A great car. I may buy a second in the same year. No dents. RESPECT THE PLASTIC! I've been in several fender benders, and total repair costs in both accidents haven't even gone above $300 for new fenders!

Favorite Features

Plastic! Reliable! Nothing to break! Good looks even 11 years later. Cheap repairs on whatever may break (with exceptions) Paint doesn't fade, interior plastic looks new!

Suggested Improvements

Clutch. Cupholders would have been nice instead of 'pockets by the hand brake' Rattles a bit. More interior room.

Many miles of flawless service
By Rick

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I have owned this car for almost 6 years having bought it used with 61000 miles on it. Other than installing a CD player and doing regular maintenance, the car has given me flawless service. It now has 186000 miles on it, still runs and starts every morning. I'm now going to replace it as it is getting long in the tooth. If you are in the market for a used vehicle and can find one with under 100000 miles on it, you will probably get a godd 3 to 5 years of service out of it. Cheap and reliable transportation. Not as spiffy as the newer models, but for the practically minded, a great choice.

Favorite Features

5 speed and fuel economy, still gets better than 30MPG

Suggested Improvements

Well, it's been replaced, so not sure this is relevant, but there are no cup holders and the heater controls are way to far down making you take your eyes off the road to make an adjustment.