Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

1994 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

I Got A Car !!
By Deisch

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a couple of months ago and so far I love it. When I bought it the driver side seat belt was the only thing that didn't work. It also got 39 mpg on the highway. Go buy a Saturn SL2, you'll love it!!

Favorite Features

I like The Saturn SL2 because it's fast, affordable, and easy on gas. P.S. I love the engine's nearly flat power band.

Suggested Improvements

The interior components could use a little work, but thats all!

Best first car you could ask for
By CompDave

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, and I couldn't have asked for a better first car ownership experience. It had 55K miles when I bought it and now, 5 years later, has over 121K!!! The only major thing I've replaced is the muffler, but that was at around 90K miles, and tires. It gets amazing gas mileage, near 30mpg+, and man is it fun to drive. It accelerates extremely well for the size of the car/engine. The body panels are awesome, give'em a kick and never show it. Got rearended in a parking garage and never even got a scratch!!

Favorite Features

great acceleration, great handling in good/bad weather, completely reclining seats, fold-down rear seats, low trunk clearance.

Suggested Improvements

better passenger compartment sound proofing (noisy on the highway), better standard sound system

Durable and Reliable
By CN21289

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

This car offers a solid performance combined with durablity and reliablity for a very reasonable price. I have 237,000 miles on the vehicle with the original clutch and no major repairs. I have replaced the starter twice and have had the usual maintenance. The car has been in two major accidents and has recovered with no ill- effects. I have moved a few times and all of the dealerships I've worked with regarding maintenace have been excellent.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, quick, manuverable, large cargo space for it's size

Suggested Improvements

At around 100,000 miles the car started to use oil. I currently add a quart every 750 miles. This has been a long standing issue with Saturn and I am not sure if it has been addressed with the current models.

Served me well for the past 7 years
By just_another_j

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

A solid car and easy to maintain. The only major component I've had to replace so far is the water pump. I don't know how much of "a different kind of a car" it is (maybe they just wanted to set it apart from some of the crap that the US auto industry had been turning out before they showed up) -- I feel like it is what a basic car ought to be. I would have no reservations recommending it to someone, despite a few minor annoyances.

Favorite Features

I actually like the automatic shoulder belts. The front seats are comfortable enough to sleep in when reclined. Good maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

horn actuators need to be bigger and easier to press; instrument panel lights need to be brighter; flow of water from windshield wipers comes in driver's window; sometimes the cruise aborts too easily on a hill, occasionally even when you aren't on a hill.

Excellent student car
By Go Jackets

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

I bought my SL with 58000 miles on it, and I put another 60000 miles on it over the next three years. I NEVER had any problem with it, only non-standard maintenance was a starter motor replacement at 100000 miles. I bought a Volkswagen after I started work, but it sadly was nowhere as close to reliable! I also got great mileage - 35 city, 43 highway. I would strongly recommend Saturn as a used car purchase folks on a budget looking for a cheap, ultra- reliable car.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, weight of the car made it feel surprisingly solid.

Suggested Improvements

Make sure you get power steering and air-conditioning! I had neither in Atlanta, and it was brutal in the summers!