1995 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
There really is no other
By chas on 04/19/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

My first Porsche, hopefully not my last. I'm not sure I can describe just how powerful an experience it is to drive a car like this every day. This is my regular driver, 3-4 days a week to work and back. I dropped a fair amount of money on it in my first year of ownership, but nothing I had to fix or upgrade was especially unreasonable. The Porsche 911 requires careful attention in its maintenance, but the rewards are very great: no other car makes you a part of the machine the way the 993 911 does. It's an experience every driver should have. My car has 112K miles on it, and it's running like a watch now. I just cross my fingers that no more expensive trolls show up soon

Fantastic Car
By Fantastic Car on 09/30/07 08:42 AM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

I've owned my C4 for five years now and have to say that it's virtually trouble free and 100% reliable. I've test driven newer Porsches with a view towards trading up but have resisted mainly because I'm not so sure it truely is a step up. For now, she's a keeper.

Lasting Contemporary Design
By dicktoth on 12/12/05 07:06 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

The 1995 Porsche 911 has one of the best car designs in the world. It is fun to drive. I have had it for eight years and it is still an exciting car to drive. I have a 6 speed and Polar SIlver is the color. It is hard to tell what year the car was designed. The exhaust sounds fantastic. The power vs. car body is balanced. Most importantly this is an exciting car to drive!

Nirvana
By Fred Reiner on 01/04/05 11:21 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

My 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera is simply an amazing car. Its fast, handles beautifully, is sexy, basically bullet proof. Others will pay you to wash your car! Understand that this car requires upkeep (largely oil changes). Remember this car's engine is not only air cooled, its "oil cooled" too. it has a cozy cockpit, but its not that small, I'm 6'1", 215# and I fit in just fine. My kids fit in the back too.

The best 911........ever!
By Tr on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drive, and by far and away, the best looking Porsche ever built. Everyone should own one!

Love it!
By Bob Dennis on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

Amazing performance, extremely fun to drive, and a true work of art with 40 years of history. These cars are meant to be driven and will provide many miles of grins. Great local clubs for track and driving skill events so you can take advantage of this car's true performance capabilities. I'll never sell this car.

One of the Best Porsches ever made
By Juan Pequeno on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

The Porsche 993 is one of the best looking and best made Porsches ever made. It is the Last of the true air- cooled porsches. Couldn't be happier with this car.

Porsche got it right w/ the 993
By mikeB on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

I have had several Porsche cars, but the 993 is by far the most complete. It is a 100% sports car, with stellar resale value to boot. Hard to equal this car, impossible to beat. This car may not be something for everyone, but it is everything to someone.

The Reliable Alternative To Ferrari 328
By Sportscarnut on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is my fourth, and favorite 911. You don't really notice the lack of Varioram unless you are passing. Edmunds' estimate of $34K for one in nice condition is pretty low. One with average mileage (4K - 7K /year) and maintained will cost more. Porsche ownership is not for everyone. This model has hydraulic lifters (no valve adjustments), but the exhaust manifold must be disassembled to access the lower spark plugs, and it eats 17" rear tires every 7500 miles. If you drive very gingerly, you can possibly coax 15K miles out of the fronts. Also, oil changes take about 10 quarts of Mobil One and an arm with two elbows.