Used 2002 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Can't Ask For More
By jyanis

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Gem almost 3 years ago at 140K+ miles. I was hesitant because of the very high mileage but I was told it took routing trips that stretched several states by the owner. He also had done a lot of work to get it ready for it's next owner. Well, I am at 196K+ and I have only changed the oil. Very reliable and still strong even though it is a senior citizen mileage wise. I drive it hard and still get 22 MPG on EVERY tank. That is an accomplishment because I burn gasoline...lol! She is very comfortable and roomy...I am 6'1" and 270lbs. Not confined at all. Another BIG plus! If you can find one in good condition, you will be pleased. The push-rod motor will run forever!!

Favorite Features

Strong V6 with good MPG, comfortable leather interior, great A/C, LEG ROOM, and VERY reliable!!!

Suggested Improvements

Needs AUX input on radio...behind the times for a 2002, but even worse...if you change the radio you need extra parts as it has that silly security wiring GM used. NOT GOOD Leg room in the back seat is not very spacious.

Very Quirky
By oldwiz09

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm experiencing the same problems as many of these reviewers. I've had 3 window regulators go bad and replaced them myself, which wasn't bad once I figured out how to remove the door panels. Interior lights frequently blow the fuse. Just replaced heater blower motor and resistor. Intermediate steering shaft bumps but tech bulletins say this poses no real problems. IP lights are slowly fading out. I have enjoyed owning this car overall but all these quirks make me want to never own another GM product.

Favorite Features

Styling and comfort.

bad situation
By streetside56

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

we have a 2002 bonneville sle its the best car my dad has owned but recently we have had some major problems. first off it started shifting hard we thought nothing of it until it started jerking when you accelerate. a little after that it started dying at street lights in the middle of traffic.we have replaced the coil packs and everything any help would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Features

rally gauges electric seats,windows, cruise control,and especially the look of both the exterior and interior, very comfy

GOOD CAR
By cyclone10

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Bonneville new in 2002. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned new Dodges and Fords. I have been a Ford fan for most of my life.am a Ford person, but this has been the best car by far I have ever owned. Still own it.

Favorite Features

Great gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Should still be making Pontiac.cs

Amazing Car!
By Anonymous

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Pontiac Bonneville a few months ago, and absolutley love it. I owned a '91 Bonneville before, and was very suprised at how reliable the car was even with it's old age. I expected nothing less from my new one, and found that it is just as reliable. It is a very smooth and comfortable ride. The car's V6 3800 engine gives it the kick one would expect, while maintaining that level of comfort that is needed for long car trips. It is a larger car, so as you could expect, it does not get the greatest gas milage. Like any car, it does have a few issues such as the leaky doors and trunk, the poping noice in the steering, and noicy exhaust. Other than that, it is an amazing car!

Favorite Features

The powerful and reliable engine, The beautiful design- interior and exterior, dual climate control, the huge trunk, amazing reliablity, cup holders in the backseat, and the overall comfort and saftely I feel while driving it. It's like an adult car, while being fun and sporty.

Suggested Improvements

If only, it did not make the poping sound in the steering and did not have leaky doors, I would only love my Bonneville more!