Like this van, but envy Honda and Toyota
By My First MiniVan on
1997 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan
We bought the 1997 Grand Voyager Rallye as a new car just as the 1998 models became available, so it was available at a great deal. Initially, we loved the features, the space, the sporty look of the Rallye Model. Nice, smooth floaty ride. Nice interior features, great audio system. Our van now has close to 100K miles. I feel it has been a decent performer in terms of reliability, yet I know that if I'd had a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna there would have been fewer trips to our mechanic. We were SO frustrated when this van was repaired FOUR times for the same belt slipping problem before the problem was solved. Honda and Toyota would never put an owner through that!
Favorite Features
Sporty look, comfort, GREAT upgraded audio system in the Rallye. Initially affordable compared to Honda or Toyota. WE LOVE the overhead compass and outside temperature readings! Seats fairly easy to remove--makes hauling similar to a truck. GREAT road visibility, amphitheater-like seating.
Suggested Improvements
Overall mechanical reliability could be better! We are often frustrated trying to find a comfortable temperature for back and front seat passengers during the winter--dual temp control not very user friendly (driver burning up while family in backseat is freezing).