Sporty, Sporty and Fun!
By jenny on
2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I started shopping for a new vehicle the beginning of last year. Not one to make hasty decisions, I did my homework and finally settled on the XTerra months later. Man, am I happy I made the choice to buy this car!! The X is sporty, reliable and a blast to drive! I live on a dirt road that floods after rain and ruts out through the summer. The X rolls through both puddles and ditches without any problem. The ride is a little bumpy. That's what you get when you buy an off road vehicle. My car easily holds all my supplies for work, play, and most importantly my 105 lb.dog.
Favorite Features
Ruggedness, easy to clean interior, power both on road and off. I've had my car almost vertical and it still kept climbing! Gas mileage is not the best, but definitely not the worst in this class. Suspension is great and ground clearance is even better!
Suggested Improvements
My gas gauge started to flicker a little after mile 50,000. Sometimes it sticks, but besides this, really nothing to complain about. Maybe a better dog gate? I bought one from the dealership and they installed it. It cost me over $100 and within 1/2 hour of installation my little dog got through.