2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road 6MT 4WD
By Raj on 05/01/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

For the price, it's quite a roomy SUV with quite a powerful engine. THE CONS: The transmission is quite noisy and feels like driving a truck. Shifting is not as smooth as it would be in a car. Noise carries inside especially when shifting gears. Lacks the smoothe ride of a car or a luxury SUV. The dash is very dreary. Front passenger seat not very comfortable. The vinly lined cargo are tends to get scratched. Bad at handling corners. THE PROS: Fun to drive, especially on straight roads. Good performance(0-60 in under 8 sec). Pricing. Cloth seats have a unique fabric that give it a rugged look. Descent fuel efficieny when you take into account that it's a SUV and has a 265hp engine.

05 Xterra Rocks
By xterraoffroader on 04/29/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I Love this suv, I bought it 3 weeks ago. Gas mileage isn't bad at all very similar to my isuzu amigo. It's definetly the quickest car i've had so far. No Hesitation and it's a blast to ride. I did love my 99 Amigo but this surpasses it big time.

Very happy with the Exterra
By Richard Gillis on 04/23/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive,good performance,extremely reliable,excellent service from dealer,gas mileage a little disappointing but would not trade it for performance. At this point I feel this vehicle will be with us a long time. I am anxious to see how it will hold up. My wife loves the styling and looks. I like it too. We purchased it for her. I have my own vehicle. I enjoy driving it because it has very responsive steering and acceleration. The engine has a good sound to it under acceleration. I would enjoy a stronger engine such as offered in the new one.

I lovemy 2005 XTerra
By Sylvia on 04/21/05 00:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Xterra is a wonderful car. It drives like a truck. It sits high. It handles well off the road. The six cd in the dash system is awesome. The seats lay completely flat. Plus the car is beautiful and can go from zero to 80 in about 8 seconds.(that was just a test)I don't drive like that always (lol).

No complaints
By Rick on 04/20/05 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I thought I'd write a review since I have been using Edmund's for some time now and I found the other reviews helpful. I have owned this truck for a month and have had nothing but fun driving it. I haven't used it off road, but you can feel it wants to tear it up. It has good acceleration with the 6 speed and it cruises at 80m.p.h. on the highways without even trying, around 2500rpm. I would purchase this car again in a second. My other car is a BMW540i and I'm driving this one more. I never thought I'd ever say that about another car. So, I seriously have no complaints.

Fun to Drive SUV
By Mark on 04/19/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Xterra almost 2 months ago and I'm loving every day in it. The Power is more than I'll ever need and the styling is much improved over the previous model. I really like the interior design and the front and rear seats are very comfortable. The dash is well organized and easy to access. The ride is more truck-like than car like-on the street, but it's a trade-off I'll make for this beast. My fuel efficiency has been around 16 in the city so be prepared to pay for the thrill. The radio has ok reception but the CD player sounds great. The rear seats are very easy to remove for extra space.

powerful upgrade
By Brian Pederson on 04/18/05 16:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

No question the redesigned X-terra is more powerful and more spacious. My next door neighbor has a 2004 x-terra and wants to upgrade, now that he has experiences the new model. cons: I agree with Edmunds that there is some weakness on the interior, but very little. The seat material seems prone to snag, but is great at allowing for the flow of heat (and keeping you cool) on those hot summer days. Did I mention that this thing is really powerful! If you are thinking about getting an X-terra, don't even consider buying a used one, there is just too much improvement in the 2005 to consider an older model.

Awesome Vehicle
By Sean on 04/08/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at last years and this years. What an improvement. Plenty of power, smart features. Basically like the Pathfinder, just a little shorter. I totally recommend it! I only have about 100 miles on it, but I love it already. It's a Nissan, so the engine should be reliable. AWESOME is all I can say.

Not a Yuppie SUV
By Al K on 04/07/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Xterra is an awesome SUV. It took a few days to get use to the F-ALPHA truck frame but wow what a smooth ride. The acceleration from a dead stop or merging into traffic is no problem. Took a corner at 40 MPH and the Xterra did not even lean.

Fun New 05 X
By X'05 on 04/03/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just picked up our new 05 Xterra offroad 4x4. This vehicle is so much fun to drive. I was thinking about an 04 but as soon as I got in the drivers seat of the 05 I could feel the power difference. The X sits up high so you can get a clear view of the road ahead. The ride is smooth and the handling is superb. The X turns on a dime. You can get a great deal from the dealership if you do your homework first, I know because I got the vehicle for invoice price. I love the new Xterra.