2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
What a disappointment
By sstlaurent on 10/09/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new, and over the last three years, we've put more around $5000 into. The digital dashboard display hasn't been clear for years. The heater in the back of the van doesn't blow. Now the transmission is failing, and we're looking for another car. We've had it serviced regularly and taken care of it, so I don't know what the problem is. If I want to take it to the dealership, they charge $98 just to diagnose it. The transmission guy told me that lots of people have had the same problem, and attorneys are preparing to file a class action suit.

OHMomof5
By jod5 on 06/16/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Quest SE fully loaded 10/05/04 having traded my 2001 BMW 325i. Almost nine years later, the van has safely taken my family 101,100 miles and counting. I have travelled across the USA and Canada, typically alone with four of my daughters. I’ve only had two upsetting issues. First, I had a ground fault issue around 40,000 miles that delayed a trip home for a couple hours. Then recently, the alternator failed 375 miles from home and involved almost 100 miles of towing and a rather costly repair bill. However, alternators do fail and the ground fault, although inconvenient, was minor. This van remains exceptional.

Piece of junk!
By dissapointed05 on 09/24/11 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well from reading many of the reviews it seems apparent that they are common.Our Car has had constant Brake problem from the time we bought it new..We now have 85000K and have the following list of repairs that need to be done from Nissan and 2 other Mechanics,3 Motor mounts,upper control arms,shocks and struts, Catalytic converter, selonoid, TRANSMISSION, ENGINE about to go, Bad piston noise, Brakes are almost gone again/rotors. NICE LIST, Total estimate from Nissan was $10,190.00 I would never buy Nissan again,when they checked the car they said to sell it/Trade it in.I will be doing exactly that but will get anything but Nissan.There is no way a car with 85000k should be this bad.

Overall I am satisfied but....
By wheelsless on 03/24/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car has some really annoying issues. I purchased my 2005 Nissan Quest in 2006. It drives well. I replaced brakes about 18 mos ago and had to replace again a month ago. The rear windshield wiper has fallen off, the two sliding side doors are difficult to open due to the rubber being loose. The gas gauge and mileage has dissappeared making any trip outside of my town scary. The right side window is stuck open...but the left one is fine. The air vent, heating/AC in front of vehicle has stopped blowing air and the vent cover has fallen out behind driver street. Since this is a gently used vehicle i expected these minor issues not to happen.

timing chain
By retha on 11/19/09 19:30 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Nissan, and it fits my family really well.It is really beautiful and everyone that sees it tells me what a nice vehicle it is.It has a smooth ride and is very comfortable.

More $$ than I had anticipated
By vampmom on 01/18/09 16:16 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Nissan I have owned - the 1st one bought brand new. So far, I had to replace tires and brakes at 30,000 miles; driver's side sliding door latch literally fell apart (warranty); engine mounting bolts (!!!) fell out (warranty). One week after the 3-year mfg wty expired, my battery had to be replaced, the rear sonar sensor failed/not able to be reset, and one of the rear wing window closing assembly fell apart. Also, during cold weather, the sliding door cannot be opened. Rear trunk hatch does not latch well. Creaky/clicking sounds from the front end. I am grateful I bought the extended warranty - looks like it will be used a lot. When kids are big, I'm buying another Sentra.

Been driving for 3 years and...
By MommaOf3 on 05/15/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new and loved the styling of it. For the most part, this is a great van. I love the skylights in the back, dual screens, heated side mirrors and leather seats, etc. That being said, another reviewer was right. Nissan should have equipped it with better tires. Mine have already been replaced and I don't really drive that much. Also, the driver's side power sliding door motor burned out after only 3 years of use. Since the warranty expired in Feb 08 and this happened in May, Nissan refuses to assist with the cost (which I think is poor cust service since it's a major repair and so new out of warranty. Not sure I'll go with Nissan again due to cust service.

Absolutely hated it!
By Twinmom143 on 03/18/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2001 Quest for years and drove it to over 130,000 mi before trading it in for this. Biggest mistake I ever made! I loved the old Quest. The newer one is spacious, but the blind spots when driving it were terrible. It didn't matter where I moved to, I just couldn't see well at all. Almost immediate muffler noises and front end noise. The front brakes go often in these vehicles because they are SO heavy and the brakes can't handle the size of the vehicle. Terrible gas mileage. Nice options, but not worth it. I didn't keep it 6 months! I started looking for something else 2 weeks after getting home with this one!

Good but not great
By Khubo on 12/27/07 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving all comers in the segment this is the one that my wife had to have. So far it has been a great purchase and has stopped all the hitting and fighting in the back seat. We have had a few issues: As everyone else states we have had the door rattles. This was recently fixed by the 3rd dealership we visited. When the van is left outdoors overnight and the temperature gets below freezing all the electronics except the throttle cease to work. This is very inconvenient in the middle of nowhere. the problem sorts itself out and the dealership has been unable to recreate the issue. I have turned the brake rotors once and am ready to do so again. I am sure this is due to wife's driving

Wish I did not buy it
By Noel on 12/24/07 20:11 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new car thinking that that was the smart thing to do. I am so upset about my Quest. At 30,000 I took it into Nissan for the yearly VA inspection. They told me that I neede new breaks and that they were schocked how many miles I had on the car because most of the vans needed then at 20,000. I also needed new tires at 35,000 the van is too heavy of a car for the type that came with the van! That they did not have a milage garentee. I will never buy a NIsann again!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »