First Impression
By JJS on
2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I am quite pleased with this truck. I was open minded towards purchasing any brand and type of truck. I chose the Frontier for several reasons: Good build quality; metal where you normally see plastic and good fit. Smoothest shifting I've ever seen, especially into and out of 4WD. Name brand tires. Power; (V6) plenty of it with decent fuel economy. Not too big, not too small; perfect size for someone who doesn't live in their truck. Drives very well; confident handling and feel. Overall great truck I think. Assembled in USA. Don't be fooled, you can't have someone in the back for any long period of time in King Cab but I'm ok with that. Oil filter a little hard to get to.
Favorite Features
Power. Utilitrack and bed liner from factory is awesome if you think you'll need it. Size is great. Fantastic transmission and 4WD shifting!
Suggested Improvements
I think the Utilitrack system should come standard. Currently it is an option. At a dealership, you may have to choose a pink truck because the black one you want doesn't have the utilitrack system you are almost certainly going to use or want. Too new otherwise to complain about anything else.