Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Zilla's Bitter Chocolate Krom
By Zilla

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I looked at a lot of cars including the Kia Soul and Scion XB. I am 5'10" and he is 6'3" so it is very difficult to find a vehicle that is comfortable. Wanted good gas mileage, head room and off the ground. The first reaction to the CUBE was "that is one "UGLY" car. We took one for a test drive and my Husband said that was the happiest he had seen me test driving any car. I love this car! People actually turn around while driving to look at it. Makes me laugh every time! The gas mileage has not been consistent, it ranges from 29-34. But that is still not bad. What wind noise. I LUV this car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, handles and rides great and - hour commute each way. love the room, comfort, blue tooth.

Suggested Improvements

move the parking brake to the floor and put the cup holders in that space. Lots of cup holders just not in great places. put one in dash on passenger side also. place to plug in IPOD that is hidden. Sonar and intellikey should be available on all models. SUNROOF! :O)

Love my cube!!!
By Lida

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have had it for a few months and still have not found a single thing I dislike. I test drove nearly every vehicle in this class and am confident I made the right choice. The car is well built and designed extremely well. Everything has a very solid feel to it and reminds me more of driving my mom's lexus than any of my friend's cars. Drive this one after driving the Kia Soul or the Scion xB and you will never look back. The cube will offer you smooth pickup (the CVT is awesome!), great handling and suspension, and luxury at a fairly low price. I know I sound like an ad ... just go drive one!

Favorite Features

Love the intelligent key. If you are a woman you will love it too! Throw the keys in your purse and you never have to dig them out!! Just have the "key" in your purse, walk up to the car and push a button on the door handle to unlock or lock it.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is I wish the seats didn't catch so much lint.

I love this little/big car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By CubemanRI

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my X-terra for the Cube. Have always liked the Nissan Quality, I fell in love with the look and was shocked at how big the interior was. I do not like the feel of driving a sedan which is why I had the X-terra (second one I have owned by the way. The car has the feel of a much bigger car and Love the look. The first day I drove to work there was a crowd checking out my new ride, Gas bill is now cut in half. Best car this 47 year old professional has ever owned. Take a walk on the freaky side, buy a cube now!!

Favorite Features

panoramic view, exterior looks, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Have some kind of rack for the roof.

Fun Cute Fun Cute Fun Cute Fun and Roomy
By Bob

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am 6'5" the wife is 5" both over 40 This is our first new car. The drive home was great. It has 100 miles now. There is SO MUCH ROOM! And drivers seat fits us both. We got the 6sp. manual to save $$$. The only thing so far is "Wind noise" at interstate speeds. Pearl white and black interior.

Favorite Features

So much room. Feels like driving a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise over 60 mph. No passenger side armrest.

haven't regretted it one bit!
By Combusto

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Since I was replacing an old small pickup I wanted something with space that wasn't an SUV and it had to be comfortable. The cube is EXACTLY what I wanted. I used the cash for clunkers program so I had to go with the CVT but it works wonderfully, better than any auto could dream of. It did take some getting used to but the smoothness it returns is worth it. You don't climb into a cube, you sort of slide into it. The low flat floor and wide doors make ingress/egress drama free, even for grandparents and our greyhound. I can't say there's really anything wrong with the car, a few niggles maybe but that's it. The price tag might hint at "budget car" but the car itself screams "DRIVE ME!"

Favorite Features

CVT and the 1.8; smooth, quiet and good mpg's. The sliding/reclining rear seat is a nice touch and I love never hitting my head on a top opening hatch. The seats are fantastic, and the overall interior is spacious and very inviting. I guess my favorite feature is the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

Some kind of center stack with some storage and a passenger arm rest are tops on the list. Maybe some better tie down points in the cargo area, I don't trust the plastic ones. Oh, and a foldable cargo cover, the one it comes with has a solid bar across it for rigidity but it's a pain to store.