2009 2.5 S
By zhon on
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I bought this car new in October 09 and have only positive things to say about it. Great power and acceleration for a 4cyl. Some reviewers have stated problems with a delay on acceleration. I have not experienced this, my car accelerates immediately and quickly. I barely have to touch the gas. Much more responsive than any other 4cyl I have driven, and I have driven many. The engine did sound like a diesel when it was below freezing, but that seems to have gone away after the first 6000 miles or so. It is no louder than any other 4cyl. One suggestion for those concerned about problems with the CVT: read the owners manual for proper break in procedures on a new transmission.
Favorite Features
Intelligent Key is a nice feature. Not having to dig your keys out of your pocket when carrying items to the car is very convenient. Roomy cabin and trunk space. Fold down rear seats help when hauling larger items.
Suggested Improvements
Folding side mirrors would be nice. Also, the MPG display over estimates gas mileage by about 2 mpg but I still get 28-29 mpg combined (display usually shows around 31 or so).