2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2005 Altima SE V6 270,000 Miles and counting
By frank1981 on 08/25/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, My Altima has given the best run! It has had only one problem, Alternator gave in during its first 30,000 miles and was under warranty. For the first 3 years I drove about 30,000 a year. Then I slowed down, drove about 20,000 after that lol Amazing vehicle ! No major problems. I have done tune ups as needed, purchase tires, oils changes & other basic needs.

Unsatisfied after 3 years
By Steven on 01/01/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my Altima after 3 years and 57,000 miles because of a few fairly large issues in my opinion: 1) Loud Road Noise 2) Rough ride over bumps 3) Replaced front breaks at 35,000 miles 4) Replaced back breaks at 45,000 miles 5) Replaced bent rim at 35,000 miles 6) Replaced battery at 56,000 miles 7) Very wide turning radius If you want a FUN car to drive, this car will do it for you. The 3.5 engine is simply unbelievable. It's also a very attractive car. However, if you're looking for ride quality, steer completely clear of this vehicle because you will be very disappointed.

BEST PURCHASE I'VE EVER MADE!
By HiltonHamptonGirl on 06/22/09 00:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car literally rocks my socks. I have fallen in love with Nissans. By far the best made car I have ever owned. Went from a Mazda6 to a Buick Rendezvous and now this Nissan. Very clean and reliable car. Have a blast driving it! Plenty of room for my 7month old daughter and all her belongings. Who says you have to get a mini van after you have a child!?! NISSAN IS THE BEST!!! As well as their luxury end of vehicles (Infinity). Wonderful performance.

I will miss it a lot!
By Bolek on 03/08/07 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am about to return this car as I leased it for the last two years and I have to tell that I will miss it a lot. For one - the $349/month with 0 down was an amazing deal considering how much they want for the fully equipped car today. To all the people who complained about the radio display being not clear in direct sunlight - you should have gotten the version with navigation system as I did. Then the radio info is displayed on the navi screen and you can see it in any light conditions. This car is a racket - you get instant response to the accelerator pedal. This comes with a price as I was getting on average 18- 19 miles to a gallon in 50/50 city/highway driving. On highway better 26.

Love my Altima
By sbrangers on 03/06/07 06:32 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Altima I've owned. My first was a 1998 before purchasing a 2005 3.5 SL. I love the power and ride this vehicle delivers. I've owned Nissans since 1986 and they keep getting better all the time.

Good Car provided service is not needed
By dballeri on 10/11/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 18 months and put 17330 miles on it and I like it. It gets 25 mpg in mixed driving and over 30 on hwy! I had a lot of problems with wheel shimmy/vibration from the time I drove it off the lot and let me tell you, I've been to five dealer to get it fixed with most of them acting like I was the problem. I replaced the HORRID continentals with Michelins at 1000 miles. It should be a great car for you as long as you don't need service since it seems a lot of others report the same customer service issues with Nissan dealers. Mine is actually for sale since I'm going back to school full time.

good bang for the buck
By Val on 04/05/06 12:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 3.5 SL in September of 2005, and I have been loving it ever since. I did have trouble with the passenger airbag light when I first bought the car, but got it fixed quickly. This car is so powerful, you cannot really understand unless you drive it. I would buy this car again in an instant because of the acceleration speed alone, not to mention the good looks. I got the mystic emerald color with the light beige leather interior. I get so many compliments on it.

This is the first car I have ever loved!
By Susan M. on 11/05/05 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first car I have ever loved and I've had quite a few - VW's, Oldsmobiles, family Cadillacs, a Fire Bird and a BMW. The were all just modes of transportation before I got my Altima 3.5. This car is so powerful, instantly responsive, comfortable and fun to drive. Even after having it for over a year now I still look forward to driving it, ever time I get in it. I used to hate driving long distances (two or more hours) but now I look forward to it.

I love my Altima - a great car to drive
By Alex on 09/21/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Altima for over a year and love the way it drive and feels. It the best car in its class with a sporty feel. 0 to 60 mph in under 6 second. No other car in its class can boast as much speed. I would buy a Nissan or Infiniti again because of how fun they are to drive. I love just hitting the gas and flying buy everyone on the freeway and not even realizing I going so fast cause the Altima drive so smooth.

Worth for the Money
By mrx on 09/15/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my nissan altima 3.5sl in march 2005. I like the interior & exterior. Fun to drive. Had a very minimal problem on wheel alignment, where i had a tough time communicatiing the same to the dealer. Finally took to another location of the same dealer to do my alignment. Not sure what caused this, it might be the stearing or something to do with the tyre itself. Otherwise great car to drive. Thank to Edmunds for excellent information about the cars

1 2 3 4 5 next »