Used 1996 Nissan 240SX Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

Excellent
By runnerb240

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is extremely reliable. I have not had any major problems. very easy to work on and I love to drive it.

1996 Nissan 240SX
By SXManiac

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for a little over 4 years now and and I love it. It's far from stock form now though with the Japanese SR20det motor with 14 lbs of boost and doing about 300 hp at the wheels and lowered 2". I've replaced the hood, trunk, mirrors and other parts with carbon fiber pieces to lighten it up and everywhere I go in it, I get people checking it out and loving it.

Right now with the drifting craze the 240SX is one of the hottest cars out there because of it's 50/50 balance and the ability to use the SR turbocharged motor to get lots of power out of it.

Limited slip should have been put on all ot them as well as 5 lug wheels.

i love my car
By shift_slide

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

i had the opportunity to purchase one of these amazing cars right after high school and it's been the best first car if you're into cars. it handles great stock but put a new suspension under it and you will keep up with or beat most cars in the corners, provided you know what you're doing. the torque is more than most 4 cyl can dream of, and it has a nice powerband up to 5500. though a set of cams can fix this rather nicely. all in all i love my 240 and though i have tried to sell her 4 times i just can never do it. its a great car and im saddened that people didnt buy more of them when they were new so nissan would have kept building them.

multi link rear suspension, perfectly bolstered seats, powerful four cyl engine that responds well to modifications. sexy looks

buy a light weight flywheel a set of cams and lowering springs and good shocks and your car will impove 100% there amazing autocross cars and fun track cars long live nissan

Great car
By Melissa

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 240 used about five years ago, and I haven't had any problems with it. I've only had to do routine mainteinance, which has been wonderful. This car is fun to drive. I wish that they still made new ones!

Great
By Shanne

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my base model in 1996 Brand new. I added a custom sun roof,Stero radio,cd,cassette player. Gold stripe on the exterior and mud flaps. Air condition. I receive many compliments, as my car is black with the fine gold stripe. Great milage and no problem traveling in any weather.I am 65 yrs old, purchased when I was still working at age 57. It's in great shape and I love it. This is my third Nissan. Maybe this model will return.

My favorite is the shape and color of my car. Black with gold stripe.

More interior light would be helpful. My ceiling light had to be moved to allow room for the sunroof. I used to drive my grandchildren when they were babies , now there is no leg room in the rear.