1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
97 Mirage LS
By dantej on 09/05/12 07:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought a 97 Mirage LS from a friend with 92K on it.I didn't know the car and was really just taking a chance;however, this will tend to be the most reliable I ever bought.THIS LIL THING HATES REPAIR SHOPS I on 190K and this runs around like a two year child. Will not sell it any time soon, so I changed the control arms,paint job, all struts and mounts,alternator and tie rods.I will push this thang to 300K. Still cheaper owning it than making car payments

Gas saving fun
By mandeena on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I just recently purchased my Mirage in 2010. I was slightly concerned buying a car that was 11 years old, but it honestly was all I could afford. I absolutely love my car now! I get about 32 mpg, and have to fill up the tank every two weeks! With the small gas tank that means about $25 every two weeks for gas! The only thing I miss is cup holders! mine is kind of a stripped down model which is good because I prefer window cranks but it's almost impossible to take a beverage on the go!

Small Reliable Gas Saver!
By Ronald J on 07/23/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Purchase car some 166,000 miles ago and have enjoyed its reliability, gas savings, and small car comfort. Yes, it does hesitate on steep hills (only has a 1.5 engine), but it makes the hills. I have traveled from Florida to Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and now live in Pennsylvania. I make trips to New York and Massachusetts. I do not tire in driving this car. Maintenance has not been a major issue. Yes, I have changed the struts, brakes - but that is to be expected with its mileage. I do recommend consideration of this vehicle for college or young family starting out in life. It has more than paid for its purchase price many, many times. Enjoy.

The BEST CAR EVER!!!
By June on 03/10/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My baby has been such a GREAT car. She has been extremely reliable. I got my money's worth over and over again. I love her and I still have her-she has 168,000 and still running. I LOVE this car and if I could pick her up and hug her I would and tell her thank you for carrying me and my beautiful child around everywhere. It is a shame that they do not make them anymore.

My little loveable Mirage!
By mirages on 11/19/07 06:42 AM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I love this little car. It has great gas mileage too, so that saves a lot of money. Those big V8 trucks are nice too, but who wants to pay $70 dollars a week! I know I don't. My experience with this car was great and I'm glad I purchased it. I still have it with no problems with it with all those miles on it. I love my little Mirage. I can't let it go to someone else.

A Fine Little Car
By Ron on 09/22/07 14:23 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Travelled across country, felt very comfortable. Great gas mileage. Average repair record. A delight to drive.

Great reliable basic transportation
By Martin Poultney on 05/21/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car 3 years ago with 53,000 miles on it. I now have 110,000 miles on the odometer, the car has been trouble free and is very economical and reliable. Other than regular oil changes and scheduled maintenance it has not cost a cent!!

Great Car
By EVORYDA on 04/22/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

The Mitsubishi Mirage is an awesome car. I wouldn't give it up for anything. I bought it with 34,000 miles on it and it now has 163,000 miles. It has been nothing but good for the past 5 years. I love this car.

Think twice before buying
By Trich on 02/12/05 15:19 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 mitsubishi when it was about a year and something old in 2001. a few months after purchasing it , it gave me problems mostly with the brakes. It is crazy how many times I have gotten the brakes fix .

Basic Transportation, Great Quality
By BillH on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought with 8K on the odometer 5/99. Right now I have 142K miles with no visits to the shop other than scheduled maintenance with the exception of once for a warranty radio replacement. I bought the car as a commuter vehicle and it has done that job very well.