2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: CVT will be an issue.

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

CVT will be an issue.
By tourqemada on

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

About 30k on the 2011 Lancer now, the CVT tranny is noisy and jerky when cold, like it is slipping and catching. The power steering is making an unpleasant noise now as well. The headliner makes a buzzing noise when the road is smooth, worse when there are bumps in the road. We have noticed from A-holes in parking lots that there are no protective side moldings on the doors so we have a couple nasty dings in them now. There is a huge delay when operating the HVAC controls, dangerous when you are trying to clear the fog from the windshield. We have found that there are times when the car turns over but does not start right away, takes a few tries. Our last 2001 Lancer was better imo.

Gas sipper, handles corners like Godzilla handles Tokyo, top speed higher than I can find a road to stretch it out on. Looks like its psst off, super mean body lines.

Body side moldings, fix tranny shudder when cold.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mollykate3020
on 07/26/15 12:39 PM (PDT)

I also own a 2011 Lancer ES CVT bought new in 2012. I live in Maine and definitely know what you're talking about with the tranny issues in cold weather. I know you wrote your review a couple of years back but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the recall on the blower motor that helps clear the windshields. I assume you would have gotten a notice like I did but just wanted to let you know since you mentioned it. I haven't yet gotten into the dealership to have them fix mine as I'm a single parent of a 2 year old and well, waiting for the dealership to fix anything takes forever. But I'm scheduling it soon to be fixed along with another recall on the car, but I can't quite remember what that one is. I hope this makes a great improvement to the clearing of my windshields cuz it currently takes way too long in rainy weather to clear up.