2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: Sold at First Sight

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

Sold at First Sight
By Mike on

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My previous car, an '02 Hyundai Elantra broke down so I decided to trade it in. I had been researching new cars and had considered this as well as the Suzuki SX4. Test drove my Lancer and I was hooked. I got the GTS with the standard stereo, no nav. I kinda wished I had gotten it but I couldn't justify the extra cost. As far as the performance, the car is quick and handles great. The tires seem to be the limiting factor. Everywhere I have looked people criticize the Dunlops for their lack of traction, especially in the snow. The car is comfortable and drives great. The gas mileage is awesome. Its better than the mileage I would get in the Hyundai, even though that engine was smaller.

The bluetooth system works great, calls come in clear and no one has complained. The trunk is big enough to fit my bicycle. The auxiliary inputs are great, although I wish they were inside the console instead under the stereo.

Leather option maybe. While the interior looks good, the quality of materials used isn't up to par with some other cars in the class. My old Hyundai had leather and the plastics used felt better.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review