Used 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

It's an okay car
By loveswedcars25

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

My family has had this for 12 years. I have to say, I'm surprised it has lasted this long with us. The engine is great. Very powerful and quick to take off. Will definitely spin a pair of tires off. But, the transmission was terrible from the start, and the interior sizing is terrible for a car of its size. It's like they crammed to much sound canceling material into it before they thought about how they were going to fit the seats into it with enough room for the passengers to be comfortable in it. Air is great, I like the fact that it is a climate control system. Radio is terrible. And the rearview mirror is placed entirely to low. I wouldn't recommend this car to really anyone.

Engine, air conditioning

Transmission, interior sizing, better handling, better radio, and a better stability control system.

Timex in a digital age
By Dan

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

This car puts comfort and reliability above all else. It is amazingly comfortable although I wish the seats offered more side bolstering to keep you in place through the turns. It is VERY reliable. nothing has broken or worn out in its 62K mile life. Lots of room in the cabin and trunk though Id like a center console for storage. The driving experience is muted by vague steering and minimal road feel. The car wallows over bumps and turns and doesn't instill confidence in its handling, especially in wet conditions. The power train is adequate and the car never feel out of breath although more power would be welcome for passing. MPG is ok given its a 2 ton car, I get about 19.

Comfortable accommodations, amazing ride, relentless reliability.

Needs more power and a center console.

Great Reliable Car
By John

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

Roomy, decent gas mileage, luxury, and comfort. I have 140,000 miles on mine and it drives like a dream. Powerful V8 - And ALL electrical items still work in the car ! I have always maintained it well, but no major repairs.

Smooth Ride - Roomy - Trunk size is like an SUV. Decent gas mileage.

Needs better traction control - Didn't get that package so bad in snowy or rainy weather.

2000 Grand Marquis LS
By Fred Nelson

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 and it had only 9,200 miles on it. It now has 100,000 miles on it. The actual repair costs have been less than $1,000. I get 21 MPG around town and 25 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH. It's, without question, the best car I ever owned. I can't understand why Ford is discontinuing manufacture of the Mercury line. I guess they are trying to force us into "golf cart" cars.

Comfort, economy, reliability, features

Better windshield wiper motor

Slunk
By SLUNK

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I think this is one of the best cars ever made. I have had many cars over years, this is 1st one I have complete faith in running all the time. Comfort is grand and mileage is 23 to 25 hwy and 20 to 22 city for v8 that is outstanding. I have 120,000 and still hold mileage rate high. I would recommend anyone to buy this model and never look back.

Combo lock on door. And adjustable air bag for back.

Extra key entry passenger door in case driver side bad and battery goes out.