2000 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
It's an okay car
By loveswedcars25 on 04/22/12 17:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

My family has had this for 12 years. I have to say, I'm surprised it has lasted this long with us. The engine is great. Very powerful and quick to take off. Will definitely spin a pair of tires off. But, the transmission was terrible from the start, and the interior sizing is terrible for a car of its size. It's like they crammed to much sound canceling material into it before they thought about how they were going to fit the seats into it with enough room for the passengers to be comfortable in it. Air is great, I like the fact that it is a climate control system. Radio is terrible. And the rearview mirror is placed entirely to low. I wouldn't recommend this car to really anyone.

Timex in a digital age
By Dan on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

This car puts comfort and reliability above all else. It is amazingly comfortable although I wish the seats offered more side bolstering to keep you in place through the turns. It is VERY reliable. nothing has broken or worn out in its 62K mile life. Lots of room in the cabin and trunk though Id like a center console for storage. The driving experience is muted by vague steering and minimal road feel. The car wallows over bumps and turns and doesn't instill confidence in its handling, especially in wet conditions. The power train is adequate and the car never feel out of breath although more power would be welcome for passing. MPG is ok given its a 2 ton car, I get about 19.

Great Reliable Car
By John on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

Roomy, decent gas mileage, luxury, and comfort. I have 140,000 miles on mine and it drives like a dream. Powerful V8 - And ALL electrical items still work in the car ! I have always maintained it well, but no major repairs.

2000 Grand Marquis LS
By Fred Nelson on 07/26/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 and it had only 9,200 miles on it. It now has 100,000 miles on it. The actual repair costs have been less than $1,000. I get 21 MPG around town and 25 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH. It's, without question, the best car I ever owned. I can't understand why Ford is discontinuing manufacture of the Mercury line. I guess they are trying to force us into "golf cart" cars.

Slunk
By SLUNK on 04/14/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I think this is one of the best cars ever made. I have had many cars over years, this is 1st one I have complete faith in running all the time. Comfort is grand and mileage is 23 to 25 hwy and 20 to 22 city for v8 that is outstanding. I have 120,000 and still hold mileage rate high. I would recommend anyone to buy this model and never look back.

Best car I ever owned
By Alma in Nashville on 05/23/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased the 2000 Grand Marquis Mercury LS as a 'program car' meaning it had been owned by Avis Rental Cars and it had 20,000 miles on it. It is over 135,000 miles now and I have had less trouble with the car than any I ever owned. I love the way it handles, the huge trunk and carrying capacity. I sincerely enjoy the 8 cyl engine for its quick speed in traffic in the city. The single drawback is the low gas mileage, but it does use regular gas so that has helped. I want to purchase another car exactly like this one!

Great mpg for the size & power
By geneo56 on 02/18/09 07:14 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I get 27 to 28.8 mpg between Russellvile & Ft Smith AR. Drives like a dream. Has traction control, which works great.

Finest Car out there
By Michael J. Salter on 12/07/08 06:39 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I am 16 almost 17, and this is my first car, and it is awesome. I am the only one at my high school that drives a Grand Marquis, and all my friends that drive Mustangs and foreign cars are just in awe of this car. For a car that weighs 5,237 lbs it does an excellent job. I normally gets 22-25 MPG around town, and 27-35 MPG on the highway. The ride is just as good if not better that a Cadillac, because it just floats down the road. And as far as performance and handling it does really good. It has a 16V 4.6L V8 that produces around 233 HP stock. And the traction control is rather nice on icy mornings, beacuse I just put it down in first gear and it's like there is no ice. This is a great car!

2000 Grand Marquis LS - HPP
By Marquis HPP on 10/21/08 03:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Well as if the Grand Marquis GS or LS was not great already. They did build a few that was even better. The HPP (handling & performance package ). Most don't know about these because there is no marking on the cars. They came with bigger swaybars,beefed-up trans,bigger brakes,air-ride,digital dash, dual exhaust,3.55 gears, leather wrap steering wheel, lacey spoke wheels, speed sensative steering and rated at 29HP more than the regular GS or LS. They are faster than the P71 (police car) with a better ride than the Towncar. I have 92,000 miles on mine and only had to do the basics to it (tires, brakes, wipers a battery and the license plate light. Not bad for a 9 year old car! The HPP gets 17, 25 hwy

Really Nice Car
By Jbushnell515 on 10/11/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 73,500 miles on it and I would have to say, it runs really good. I did some preventative maintence on it when I first got it and after that, the car runs like a dream. I get about 23 mpg average just running around town. I would have to say that that is extremely well for a V8 engine.

1 2 3 4 5 next »