What a great car!
By jbeams on
1995 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan
I would have never bought this car, axcept my Father, said, I am going to pick out your car, since you pick out all lemons as of lately. He pointed out the car lot, and showed me the Mercury Gand Marquis LS, said try the ones you are interested in, then take the one I am pointing out to you. I tried the Ford Explorer, lousy in snow and ice uphill, The chevrolet cavalier, wasnt all that great either, the Grand Marquis not only went through ice and snow, it went all the way up the hill. Wow.
Favorite Features
I Love the 4.6L engine. It is a workhorse of an engine, the interior is deisgned for maximum comfort- while on the road, many a time I have slept in the car, front seat and back seat both. The front seat recline electrically, and my wife and I have both laid the seats down to sleep in the front seat. My daughter has fallen asleep on many an occassion on road trips in the back seat. The dead mans trunk, is ideal for any traveler...spacious and roomy, I have packed my hunting gar and camping gear there, and still had room left over, spent about $600 on groceries, had the trunk packed to the brim, lately, still had more room. The trunk is ideal!
Suggested Improvements
When the waterpump, starts leaking and you are unaware of it, it will take a year for the water pump to be fully noticeable-and when it does go bad, to the worst stage, it really affects everything under the hood..Jeep lovers like all the electronic crap that tells them when something is going bad. Mercury, has a 5 pt system in which we can access with an OBD tool, that Mercurty should included for about $300-so this way, we as owners can have an option of purchasing whether it is new or used! That would be ideal for us mercury owners. My wife cant wait nor my daughter when it is time for me to get another vehicle. As the current GM will go to them. I plan on having this car for a long time.