1993 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
A Great Traditional American Car
By Clifford W on 05/29/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an older fellow in Feb. 2010 for the sole purpose of replacing my Oldsmobile Aurora. This Grand Marquis is not as advanced or as modern as the car it replaced but the ride and comfort far surpass anything on the road today. I have driven many cars from Acura to Volvo and can personally say that Ford did a great job on keeping the traditional American sedan alive. It is a shame Ford is discontinuing the Panther platform of cars ( Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car) as of 2011 because I am now sold on these excellent cars. The Performance is good for it's almost 3800 pound mass and the powertrain is smooth and responsive. I highly recommend you test drive one today!

Cool Car Dad
By Cool Car Dad on 05/06/09 21:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I needed a reliable, safe, affordable and clean family car. The LS meets all of the criteria. My 4 year old son likes the car and his review was “cool car dad”. My 7 year old daughter and wife are caught up in the small car preference but I explained the values of the car vs. paying for a small car with a higher price. Many of the repairs that others mentioned as negatives were fixed before I purchased the car. I found the car at an estate sale and looked for such a car for about 3 months. We paid $1,000 for it and it’s the best money ever spent on a car. The previous owner, an older man, took great care of the car. I also like that I am driving a US brand car. A great value!

Great car!
By Kevin on 10/26/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as an inexpensive commuter and have been plesantly surprised. I bought it one year ago with 80,000 miles on it. I have put 21,000 miles on it in one year. Had to replace the starter, fuel filter, and replaced the rear brake pads and rotors. I enjoy driving this car because it's very comfy, quiet, and I think it's good on gas considering it has a V-8. I recently returned from a long road trip (1500 miles round trip) and I got 26-28 mpg through the Kentucky/West Virginia mountains. Driving around town and on the highway I average 21 mpg. Currently my "Air bag" light is on but I'm not going to worry about it.

A Car with Character
By King Arthur on 01/05/08 13:49 PM (PST)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

It's surprisingly fun to drive and gets good gas mileage for a V8. The trunk space is huge and the bench seats comfortable. I took it on cross- country trips because it's built for the highway and never had any problems in cold Iowa winters. The rear-wheel drive made it prone to getting stuck in the snow but it always started right up and heated up quickly. Now for the problems. *All four power window motors died, sometimes forcing me to take apart the door to get the window up. *1 door wouldn't unlock from outside OR inside *Power seat died *Gears stripped in the blower for the A/C & heat *A/C went out *Tranny started to slip *Had to junk it after 145,000 mi I still recommend!

Fun to Drive
By Bo on 03/26/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Overall the 1993 mercury Grand marquis LS is very fun to drive and has good power it is reliable and starts first try.

OK for a Grandpa Car
By Cary on 08/19/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Although I bought this car as a stop gap measure (as my other car blew its trans). I have been ok with this one so far. I have a bad spine due to injury, and the ride of this car is very good for both short and long hauls. I am involved in my sons (youth) fraternal oganization and frequently my car serves a bus for teens and early twenties. Even on three hour rides to events, no complaints and everybody has room.

1993 mercury grand marq
By al maiorino on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

this car is totally repair free even when you abuse it. car will run forever very comfortable

a car for all seasons
By Jack McGowan on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Have driventhis car all over the country and it has never failed me.I have a 97 Marquis and this car rides better than the 97.With 148k on it the engine is so quiet you forget it is running.

best of mercury
By treu on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

i bought the car in 1998 with only 20,000 miles on it and now it has 50,000 miles on it.it's the best car for the price out there because, a lincoln cost about $4,000 more and just the same features as this grand marquis and also the car is very reliable and plenty of power for long or short trips. so if you want a car for a good price and reliablity get this car.