1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

A Great Traditional American Car
By Clifford W

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an older fellow in Feb. 2010 for the sole purpose of replacing my Oldsmobile Aurora. This Grand Marquis is not as advanced or as modern as the car it replaced but the ride and comfort far surpass anything on the road today. I have driven many cars from Acura to Volvo and can personally say that Ford did a great job on keeping the traditional American sedan alive. It is a shame Ford is discontinuing the Panther platform of cars ( Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car) as of 2011 because I am now sold on these excellent cars. The Performance is good for it's almost 3800 pound mass and the powertrain is smooth and responsive. I highly recommend you test drive one today!

Favorite Features

The easy to use controls. Good Cup Holders. Automatic Headlamps. The Ride quality. The keyless entry padlock on the drivers door is a great feature. Very large trunk. Good interior room. Smooth and quick responding 4.6L V8. Easy Steering effort. Highway MPG when loaded down is good for its size.

Suggested Improvements

City MPG, No Rear Child Seat Anchors on older models. Will require you to see your Ford dealer for the latches. Cheap plastics abroad. Air Controls are flimsy and can break easily. Needs a better gear ratio, like 3:31 or more.

Cool Car Dad
By Cool Car Dad

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I needed a reliable, safe, affordable and clean family car. The LS meets all of the criteria. My 4 year old son likes the car and his review was “cool car dad”. My 7 year old daughter and wife are caught up in the small car preference but I explained the values of the car vs. paying for a small car with a higher price. Many of the repairs that others mentioned as negatives were fixed before I purchased the car. I found the car at an estate sale and looked for such a car for about 3 months. We paid $1,000 for it and it’s the best money ever spent on a car. The previous owner, an older man, took great care of the car. I also like that I am driving a US brand car. A great value!

Favorite Features

Safety, Ride, Guages and switches vs. computers, Horse power, Quality interionr appointments.

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality.

Great car!
By Kevin

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as an inexpensive commuter and have been plesantly surprised. I bought it one year ago with 80,000 miles on it. I have put 21,000 miles on it in one year. Had to replace the starter, fuel filter, and replaced the rear brake pads and rotors. I enjoy driving this car because it's very comfy, quiet, and I think it's good on gas considering it has a V-8. I recently returned from a long road trip (1500 miles round trip) and I got 26-28 mpg through the Kentucky/West Virginia mountains. Driving around town and on the highway I average 21 mpg. Currently my "Air bag" light is on but I'm not going to worry about it.

Favorite Features

Horsepower when needed, comfort, very roomy front and back seats, large trunk, engine easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

Air suspension motor is noisey...maybe mine is about to fail. It also operates while sitting in the driveway without the key in ignition. Dont understand why.

A Car with Character
By King Arthur

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

It's surprisingly fun to drive and gets good gas mileage for a V8. The trunk space is huge and the bench seats comfortable. I took it on cross- country trips because it's built for the highway and never had any problems in cold Iowa winters. The rear-wheel drive made it prone to getting stuck in the snow but it always started right up and heated up quickly. Now for the problems. *All four power window motors died, sometimes forcing me to take apart the door to get the window up. *1 door wouldn't unlock from outside OR inside *Power seat died *Gears stripped in the blower for the A/C & heat *A/C went out *Tranny started to slip *Had to junk it after 145,000 mi I still recommend!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, roomy, gets respect on the road since it's a big car, rear wheel drive, good 25 mpg on highway, plenty of power, interior and exterior hold up well if taken care of.

Suggested Improvements

Better motors and electronics for windows, doors, seats. Heater and A/C problems were common. Headlights very weak.

Fun to Drive
By Bo

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Overall the 1993 mercury Grand marquis LS is very fun to drive and has good power it is reliable and starts first try.

Favorite Features

Power seats, PWR windows two cup holders up front.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in the back

OK for a Grandpa Car
By Cary

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Although I bought this car as a stop gap measure (as my other car blew its trans). I have been ok with this one so far. I have a bad spine due to injury, and the ride of this car is very good for both short and long hauls. I am involved in my sons (youth) fraternal oganization and frequently my car serves a bus for teens and early twenties. Even on three hour rides to events, no complaints and everybody has room.

Favorite Features

Interior lighting, Lumbar support (power), and trunk size.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage? whats that??? If this car has any cup holders, I still cant find them after 3 years! So cup holders would be nice.

1993 mercury grand marq
By al maiorino

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

this car is totally repair free even when you abuse it. car will run forever very comfortable

Favorite Features

280000 miles never once in the repair shop other than mant.

Suggested Improvements

better fuel econemy

a car for all seasons
By Jack McGowan

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Have driventhis car all over the country and it has never failed me.I have a 97 Marquis and this car rides better than the 97.With 148k on it the engine is so quiet you forget it is running.

Favorite Features

interior lighting when door opens.Headlight dimmer system

Suggested Improvements

Chech engine light air pollution system needs review. my 97 marquis has same problem.Car passed inspection with light on,but light never goes out.

best of mercury
By treu

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

i bought the car in 1998 with only 20,000 miles on it and now it has 50,000 miles on it.it's the best car for the price out there because, a lincoln cost about $4,000 more and just the same features as this grand marquis and also the car is very reliable and plenty of power for long or short trips. so if you want a car for a good price and reliablity get this car.

Favorite Features

all power opions like power windows,mirrors,seats etc... and also the 4.6 liter motor is the best motor by ford.

Suggested Improvements

the fuel economy and the body flex.