2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
What a car!
By Zachmbenzfvr on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I originally had a 2000 S430, and this 2004 is leaps and bounds an improvement over that car. The Seven speed tranny is smooth, and responsive. Love the exterior and the interior. The quality improvements inside are amazing. The exterior is Black Opal, with Grey interior. The combination is beautiful.

It's hard to beat an s class MB
By ting on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned a number of S Class MB over a 25 yr span. As much as I love driving my current S430, I must say I'm frustrated with the little things that are constantly going wrong. Loud stearing, clock issues, SRS sensors, saggy sunroof cables, etc. But everytime I'm in a loaner and return to the wonderful drive and feel of the S class, I'm reminded of why I keep buying them. Buy the extended warrenty!!!

S600 '04 startup glitches
By Sixftr on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

Second day, car failed to start. Roadside service hung up on me. Battery replaced, seems ok. Two days later, radio sound went out, came back after setting over night. Repeat a week later. Mercedes service discovered a software upgrade to computer system that had to be orderd. Motor for active suspension replaced.

Mercedes S Class
By brokerbj on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I never thought I would have an S Class but I do now and I love it. One of my friends has the large BMW and I thought that was the ultimate car until I got my 500. I LOVE IT and will keep it forever!!!!!!!!!

ms
By DANIELW on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

It's prestigeous, but not very reliable.

M benzzz
By indopride on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great car to own the price is a bit high but you will be getting what you paid for the overall performance a comfort off the car is great the SoS function on the car will give you a direct link to Mercedes-Benz head quortes to answer any questions you may have

Near Perfect
By S55 Fan on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this over the S600 Twin Turbo after driving it. Other than a recurring rattle from below, the car has been to say the least, a phenominal automobile. I believe I drive the car to it's limits and have consistently been able to run 0-60 times in the low 4 sec range (timed). I like to go sideways but when the traction is turned off, the computers still take over when your in a drift. Very annoying. CD based Nav has been addressed with the 04', and other than brakes needing new pads at 6000 miles, I've been extremely impressed and very satisfied. Truely an awesome car.

Luxury, Performance, and Fuel Economy
By S500Driver on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Luxury, Performance, and Fuel Economy; what else can one ask? Maybe a lower price, but trust me the S class is worth every penny!

Great Car
By Remmy Martin on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

The interior is amog the best I have ever seen.

S430 Sport AMG / new 7 speed automatic
By JoeyB on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This auto is Mercedes all the way !!! New Transmission and as smooth as can be!!!!Very Happy !!! An excellent saleman at Auto Haus / talk to Matthew