2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
fantastic, safe, comfortable people hauler. Reliability issues
By fgxtom on 07/01/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I love this car. We took it on a 4000 mile family rip a month after buying it. It is the most comfortable people hauler I have ever driven or ridden in. For people hauling it can not be topped. It gets fair mileage. I had the Yakima swingman 4 bike rack on it with 4 large bikes. We still averaged 25 mpg at 70 to 75 mph. As I said this thing hauls people, but it has little room for luggage. You will either need a cargo hauler, or the carry all for a receiver. We crammed our stuff in duffle bags for our 7 day trip.

Just purchased car 4 month ago and PROBLEMS already!!! HELP
By msbenz1105 on 07/22/12 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Im a 1st Mercedes buyer that had my eyes on the r350 since I saw it for the first time 2 yrs ago. I told myself that car will be my next purchase and so i decided to get rid of my 2000 Lexus GS300 that I had for 10 yrs and LOVED and buy the R350. Excited and pleased with my new purchase until about 2 weeks ago. My SRS indicator lit up( and is still on just out of no where), my ac System continue to stay on and blow air after car is off and key out, sometimes don't even turn the ac on and fan still runs?? And now my battery dies everyday. Had to just start it for the last 4 days...Has any one every had any of these problems, please reply back.

Nothing but regret!!!!
By funandfamily on 07/22/12 15:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

used 2007 R350. Did my homework but went against my gut and intelligence and bought a clean used r350 with 51k on it. Had the MB dealer check it out, check the codes..& 200plus to be extra careful. the history was good, so I bought the giant car my wife liked. I even forked out $400 to have the trans serviced to be extra thoughtful. Every two weeks since it goes to the dealer. One expensive thing after another. Power steering unit $1,100.00 Gas vapor purge valve $500.00 plus. Peeling rubber coating on controls... Now HVAC control stuck on full heat... Conclusion. It is not about the model, it is about MB's now third world manufacturing and reliability! ForSale

MUST READ!!! - Cash Test
By usarmy89delta on 03/05/12 19:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After reading some review Ive decided to write my own. In 2008 I bought for my spouse an R350 4Matic. We drove it and took it on trips all the time and never gave us any trouble (except a few blown lights) and eventually put close to 40k miles on it. On June 2010 my wife was driving in the city with both our kids when an elderly lady wich had a suspended licence drove right into her lane (she crashed head on). When I arrived I saw the car totalled but my wife and kids with out a scratch on. The car's crash alert system had been activated (it moved the drivers seat all the way forward, it moved the steering wheel, cut the engine and even placed the hazards lights on).

Not the Mercedes I previously owned
By ruth20 on 12/28/11 18:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Over $6000.00 in repairs in one year. Suspension, computer, and had to order a new key fob after the two that came with the R350 wore out, $180.00 for a new one, and it is made quite well and will probably outlast the wagon Had a 94 S500 and it didn't need anything done until it was 11 years old. Thought they were all made like that one. No, now if you own a Mercedes, you better have deep pockets

Poor Warranty from Mercedes Benz
By nvbusa on 10/13/11 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Who would ever think you would need to replace a bumper seal?? My R350 apparently did and MB will not cover it. Poor craftsmanship I say. The seal went causing rain water to run into the seal and in the trunk, where the computer is causing it to short out. Now I am stuck with a $2,500.00 repair bill. My first and last Mercedes. Since they will NOT cover such a repair. It's not like a wear and tear item that I should have replaced. Not to mention the other 4 times it was towed in for electrical and computer issues. Leaving my wife and kids stranded on the highway. Mercedes Benz VERY POOR warranty choice.

Superior Safety, Excellent Economy, Comfort for Six.
By rclasscdi on 05/27/11 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I researched every vehicle that would seat 6 adults. The rear seats in most SUVs do not accommodate adults. In contrast, the R-class rear seats are perfectly comfortable and roomy for full-sized adults. The only vehicles that equal the R-class for access and comfort for 6 adults are minivans. The diesel engine is amazing. We get 28-30 mpg on trips. Power is plentiful, except from a dead stop, due to minor turbo lag. If you plan to dart away from each stop light, then go with the R500. Otherwise, you will love the CDI and the additional 10+ mpg. Ultimately I chose the R-class because it had the best combination of safety, luxury features and comfortable room for 6 adults.

Great Car, when it is not at the dealer
By Joe on 07/12/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Incredible comfortable mile eater. More rear legroom that an S class. 3.5 l engine struggles a little with the weight of the vehicle but performance is fine. Bought a CPO 2 years old with 25,000 miles on the clock . In 12 months has been back to the dealership 5 times for unscheduled visits. Crankshaft Position sensor , running out of fuel while indicating at least half a tank 3 times, both axles replaced due to noise on turning. Officially Mercedes Benz has refused to but back the vehicle because 5 visits in a year is acceptable. And I thought I was buying a premium German Vehicle! And guess where the car is today, back at the dealer to have the ball joints replaced.

R500
By Christian on 06/30/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Bought it in aug of 2009 at 7,300 miles from a private party. Window sticker showed $68k msrp (loaded with options). Personally don't think the car worth that much. But buying it used at less than half what it stickered, it makes it a great deal. My first MB. Have had 3 bmws, 2 Lexus. Was a little worried about reliability but so far it's been bullet proof at 20k miles. Car rides nice and smooth (too smooth I think). Great on trips with 2 small children with dvd in back. Extremely comfortable overall. I just hope it stays reliable after warranty. Gets about 14.5 mpg with suburb driving and up to 19 if on hwy all the way. Not too bad for 5.0 motor

Plagued with problems.
By Lou on 06/07/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Nice car, purchased it for the Diesel engine and 6 passenger capacity. Overall, experience has been poor during and out of warranty. Engine stopped completely at highway speed on 3 separate occasions. 1st time was fuel pump, second time fuel sending unit and third time was crankshaft sensor. Seems like this model has problems with electrical (replace light bulbs every 2 - 3 months), airmatic suspension goes into error mode. We have spent over 6K$ in repairs since the car has been out of warranty. Unfortunately this is one purchase decision that I regret making.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.