2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Look elsewhere.....Mercedes has lost it's edge
By mabcpa1 on 01/04/12 19:01 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently leased the new 2012 ML 350 and what a disappointment. Interior fit and finish not up to usual Mercedes quality and required replacement parts.....on a new Mercedes. Ride is terrible. There is a problem with the rear suspension that makes this car bounce like crazy over any little road bump and the dealer claims there is nothing wrong. The precise handling I have read about in other reviews of this car is completely lacking in the car I got......my Honda minivan drove with less effort!!! I am so sorry I got this car and especially at over $700 per month for the lease. The BMW X5 drives much, much better. Maybe I should just go back to my Honda!!!

Open DTS case for misfiring - no fix available
By latette on 12/30/11 14:25 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Love the looks, mileage and ride of the ML blueTec, but having to drive for a mile or so, every morning since I drove it off the lot, misfiring is getting old! Upon returning it to the dealer I was told that there were numerous open complaints on the issue, but a fix was not yet available. They hope to have a fix out soon.....$57k and I need to drive a misfiring Mercedes through my neighborhood every morning.....I guess that will teach me for buying the first year of a new body style. So now I wait.......or do I start the lemon law process...time will tell...

LOVE IT!!!!
By renesf on 12/20/11 19:23 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Have had the car for a few weeks now.Bluetec. Getting 32 miles per gallon roughly. Beautiful interior. Love the lane change add. It is a definite must have. Heated seats are wonderful, legroom in the back seat is roomy,back seats recline a bit. Trunk space big enough for 2 sets of golf clubs and suitcases. I have no complaints so far.

Wow!! Great SUV!! Very Happy!!
By markss2 on 12/07/11 12:12 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My last car was a Cayenne V6. I like the new ML much better. I can't say enough about every aspect of the car and the great dealer, MB of North Olmstead Ohio. You should be willing to travel a long long way to do business with these guys.

So for 60k I can't get a radio that works? Really?
By trntexas on 11/08/11 06:05 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We replaced our 08 ML. The fit and finish are as expected, the performance for a 6cyl is good, but...I have a 2011 Jeep Compass (I won't spend the money. It's a car, it's not a fashion statement) and the radio will quickly connect my phone through bluetooth for complete hands free. It downloads my contacts, it has voice recognition, it streams music from my micro sd card, and it streams music from my internet connections(pandora, slacker etc). The Merc won't do it. My wifes phone is the same as mine. Now while the average user may not appreciate this. When you pay 3x for a vehicle you don't expect customer service or the factory to make excuses for why it doesn't work. Disappointed for sure.

What an amazing SUV
By greginnh on 10/26/11 18:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This will be my third ML. Having owned 2002 and 2004 versions, I was very disappointed with the second generation ML and strayed from the MB brand for a few years. Now comes the 2012 which is the third generation and it totally blows away all previous models.

Good Car But Sleazy Dealer at Barrier of Bellevue
By a_edmunds_user on 10/22/11 15:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Handling is firm and precise. Acceleration is good. It feels as nimble as a mid-size sedan. In fact it can make much tighter U-turns than my old Lexus ES300. It is also very smooth and quiet. One downside is the fuel efficiency is not nearly as good as it's labeled. I could get only 12 mpg in city and 17 mpg in city-highway combined. For potential buyers in the Seattle area, be aware of the dealer at Barrier of Bellevue. During my price negotiation the dealer quoted the Mercedes Conquest rebate amount for October as $1,000 while the actual amount was $2,000. He also hid the fact that people from my company would automatically qualify for a fleet discount of $3,000 from MSRP.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class in VA is:

$144 per month*