2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2010 E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

Absolute P.O.S.
By hrspeech

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I fell for the "oh, we've completely redesigned the E-class to be more reliable and compete with a Lexus line of B.S." This car has 27,000 miles on it and is sitting in my garage DOA. Not because we mistreat it and not because we don't do the outrageously expensive services. It's left me stranded because it's a normal piece of "german engineering." The only folks who appreciate "german engineering" are the service techs who get rich on servicing this garbage. Run the other way and buy yourself a Lexus before you make the same mistake I made. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever fall for this line of B.S. again. The best cars are engineered and made in Japan. Plain and simple.

Favorite Features

If you work for Mercedes or sell these cars, you should be ashamed of yourself. Or better yet, go find yourself a job at Philip Morris, you'll fit right in.

Suggested Improvements

Luxury cars don't even consider offering pleather seats. Consider making a car that starts and runs reliably for a change. Oil changes should cost $30, not a small house payment.

Impressed
By carbuff50

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've had three BMW 5 series, an "07 E-class, Jag XJ, etc. and must say this 2010 is the best so far. Beautiful design/classy and super comfortable drive/quality is excellent. This one is a keeper.

Favorite Features

Style/features/comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe tighten the steering a little bit-it is very good but I tend to like a real sports car feel.

The best I've owned
By rockinb23

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned a bunch of different nice luxury cars over the years including a Cadillac CTS, 3 Series BMW, 5 older Mercedes Benz cars and when I was trying to figure out what to buy I compared the E Class to several others like the Acura TL, Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series. This car is by far the nicest I've owned or driven. It is very stylish and even with the 3.5L V6 it gets up and goes!!!! The Paddle shifts make you feel like a race car driver when you are getting on the freeway. Mine has the Sports package and the P1 Package and it looks killer in black with the low profile 18" wheels. I get compliments on it from any one who sees it or rides in it. Great car!!! 44k Miles so far so good.

Favorite Features

The Styling of the interior and exterior are my favorite features. Great looking car that makes you proud to own it and drive it. The 12 Speaker Harmon Kardon system sounds great and the seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more affordable dealer service costs would be nice.

Better Then All The Rest
By jordanbibbs98

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The best car I've been in. Amazing built quality, soft touch materials, nice stitching and wood grain. Easy to read gauges and command sysytem. The ambient lighting and sound system is flawless. Great on gas. Probably the best car to get wit all wheel drive. Quiet on the highways. Alittle bumpy on pot holes. But that's expected from a heavy sedan with beefy sport rims and low profile tires. Honestly this car beats every car in its catorgory. Very safe and comfortable. Mine is a 2010 E350 4-Matic with 55,000 miles. Have had No issues or complaints. Just one, the tire pressure monitoring system (tpms) is alittle fussy during the cold season due to the differences in tempature.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats Sound System Durable Leather Seats Amazing Ambient Lighting Safety Features Built Quality/ soft materials, nice carpeting, solid door panels

Suggested Improvements

The sport rims are easily scratched when driving in a car wash or bumping a curve. Better placement of the HD radio antenna.

1st year in the shop over 2 months
By sk25

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had a BMW, Lexus and really liked the 2010 E350...so I purchased a CPO one. And that is where the nightmare began. The navigation system randomly freezes, the stereo system/phone system is on but no sound. MB says its the software...hmmm but cannot be the hw according them them. The rear bumper was literally not fitting in properly...they said that happens?? WOW ok. The rear passenger door was not aligned with the car...they said that happens with time! The window would open on its own...they replaced the window, and said...its fixed...but it was not, they finally changed the motor and now its fixed. Worst experience I can imagine! Perhaps a Yugo would be better!?!

Favorite Features

That it works in order for a month at a time, but then something else goes wrong.

Suggested Improvements

Lets not have the bumper fall out of alignment with the body of the vehicle! Ensure the windows dont open on their own. Fix the hardware and stop saying its a sw issue. Improve your customer service. When I called M-Benz of North America...they line is that what the warranty is for. So you sold me a warranty on a nightmare of a car. I will go back to Lexus. After 1 year this car has been to the dealer no less than 6 times, and is currently there...week 4 now (they called to say it was ready) but when I came to pick it up the issues were not corrected. Called M-Benz customer retention manager on Tues...still no response. Its been a horrible experience!

Exetremely Disappointing
By allysonp1

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The front brakes had to be replaced at 24K miles. At 40K miles the back brakes had to be replaced. Prior to this, I drove a Lexus for 60K miles before the brakes needed to be replaced. We will be going back to Lexus and I hope I never live long enough that I am forced to purchase another Mercedes-Benz. Dealers have only been marginally helpful and say this is reasonable wear - might be but isn't for a Lexus.

the worst car i have owned
By hal6

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

To the point; I am a professional driver-driving instructor. Have owned too many cars to count-mostly high performance; Porsches, Bmw's, Audis. Bought this vehicle for size to transport my baby gandchildren. In 16k miles had to have the front brakes/rotors replaced 3 times. Sticking throttle never repaired. Very unsafe. Numerous electonics failures-over 20 times in the shop. Unable to repair the vehicle properly, including the sticking throttle. When I requested a trade assist for another model, M-B corp. refused-advised "thats whet the warranty is for". Obviously will never own another M-B

Favorite Features

Interior room & looks

Suggested Improvements

A change in corporate attidude. when ANY product is under waarranty, either repair it or replace it!!

Very Happy to be BACK to MB
By tiger48

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After a long jouney through autoland, I'm finally back to MB. And very pleased with the E350 4Matic. I've driven the car for one year without any issues at all. The car operates in the snow like a Jeep and the Paddle shifters allow you to down shift in bad conditions. The car is fast enough for today's conjested road conditions with power to pass (and besides if I want speed I'll drive my Corvette).

Favorite Features

The command control system was much easier to master than I expected. The sound system is a pleasure with an infinant variety. From an interior room standpoint I think you get the S size for the E price. Everyone that sits in the car tells me, they don't want to go back to their car.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield wipers seem to have a mind of their own (??) , a more typical American car setting would be better. And, put the gas tank filler on the drivers side.

Fun to Drive
By h.correa

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car to drive on trips or around town. Handling is great especially on curvy roads. Good to great fuel economy as the trip computer reads 26mph on highway. Engine has plenty of horses(V6).Every option on mine except leather. Seats are synthetic leather but are great looking and easy to clean.17k on odometer and inside looks like day I bought it.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine with great fuel economy. Paddle shifter are nice for mountain driving.Look of the car is super sporty. Harmon kardon sound system is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

make car a little bit bigger inside and out.

ABS Pump noise issues
By Radman

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car is nice but for over $50k MB should do something about the noise from the ABS pump. The car canít tell when is out of control and every time you take a curve it activates the ABS pump for the stabilizer unit. BAD design.

Favorite Features

The body style and the interior design

Suggested Improvements

Fix the noise on the ABS pump