Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Love My CLK!
By lovemyclk1

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2007 Benz CLK 350 has been an awesome car! Very dependable and reliable! No complaints here! Well, maybe wish it had a bigger back seat....then I guess I should have bought a 4 door sedan then! No! I am very happy and highly recommend the CLK! I have seen many negative remarks about this car but if you research all cars no matter the brand you will find flaws and defects with all makes and models including the BMW brand etc. Also, the Mercedes is so much cheaper to maintain than the Beamer, I know first hand experience! :) on this one!

Favorite Features

The soft plush sporty ride! Great handling around corners! Awesome power and pick up!

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of!

CLK350 Buyers Beware !!
By 7X

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased a certified pre owned (cpo) 2007 CLK350 Coupe; gem of a car but since found out it has one EXPENSIVE FLAW ! Various Mercedes Benz models built between 2005 and 2008 have a defective balance shaft and/or balance shaft sprocket. It's a defect in the metal part which wears prematurely. To replace and repair, it in the CLK models with the 350 (272) engine, it requires removal of the engine!! The dealer knew this problem exists and didn't tell me before I made the purchase. I bought this car in good faith that it would last me many years, now I found out it will likely need an engine tear-down before it hits 100K miles, maybe closer to 60K. Shameful.

Favorite Features

The CLK350 coupe is a solid, heavy car. The interior is well appointed, and the looks are eye-catching.

Suggested Improvements

Engine build quality needs to be improved for this caliber of vehicle (see comment on top). While highway mileage is acceptable, city driving will cost you at the pump. Lastly, car exhibits braking hesitation when accelerating from a stop, while in the "Sport" transmission mode.

Nice but with some flaws
By Eric

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice car with an air of high luxury. As for reliability, had a squealing noise which was a pulley bearing subject to recall. Dealer fixed with no hassle. We now have a strange rattle from the vicinity of the differential. Of course, it stopped when we took the car to the dealer and hasn't yet returned. Performance -- acceleration, braking, handling -- is just okay by my standards but I race cars, so I have high standards. This is primarily my wife's car. For the typical purchaser of this car, the performance is more than adequate. Not too happy about the high depreciation, but we plan on retaining the car for a while.

Favorite Features

The interior of our car is its best feature. We have the two tone ivory/black leather, with dark ash wood and chrome trim. The fit and finish and overall look is outstanding. The interior looks better than most $100K cars.

Suggested Improvements

One small complaint -- the control stalk for the windshield wipers is hidden by the steering wheel. It could be easily been repositioned so that it may be viewed while driving. I frequently turn it the wrong way because I cannot see it while driving.

Thumbs up CLK class
By Thumbs up CLK class

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Mercedes has taken the CLK to the next level. Purchased a 350 coupe w/sport suspension and have enjoyed the car from day one! Suspension is a nice balance between sporty and smooth...it doesnt beat you up. It is a blast to drive and has an elegant design. Performance and handling compares to BMWs and Porsches we've owned. Access to the rear seats is a little cumbersome, but if I wanted easy back seat access I would have gotten an E- class.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, looks and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box w/o CD changer and add a lock to it.

They stopped thinking.
By Florida Benz

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My chief complaint of this car is it has no locking glove compartment. For God's sake Kia's have locking glove compartments. How do you turn your vehicle over to a valet? Presumably a Mercedes would likely visit valet parking more often than most? Add to that, access to the rear seats comes from lifting and pulling forward the rear seat. Cars half its price have electric motors that do it. Its like driving an old Euro taxi. Build quality, first year, 3rd brakelight lens cover fell out when trunk closed, whining belt pulley,seatbelt not retracting correctly. Wife's '06 E series needed new tranny first 3 months of owning. Not your daddys Benz.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, trunk space for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Glove compartment lock, motorized back seat access. Time to get rid of CD changers in glove compartments.