2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: Caveat Emptor

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Review

Caveat Emptor
By LVS on

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my CLK coupe in April of '06 and have regretted it every single day since. It looked beautiful at the dealership with it's full Brabus tuning and appearance package. But as they say about Monet's paintings; it was good from afar and far from good. The litany of problems with this car ranges from a new transmission at 20,000 miles to multiple broken window motors. And I don't even want to get started on the apocalyptic depreciation. In exactly 2 years of ownership, it is worth less than half of what I bought it for. It is such a terrible feeling to get into a car everyday and wonder what will go wrong with it next. So please take note and do not buy this car.

Like a super model it looks beautiful, but you can only imagine the maintenance required.

Yeah...I don't even know where to begin. Let's see...maybe build a transmission that doesn't need to replaced at 20,000 miles? Or an electric system that doesn't need constant tinkering? Also, Mercedes needs to take hint and learn a thing or two from Audi and BMW with their customer service.