2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
MY Mercedes
By naiyly on 01/31/10 08:19 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes....it is sporty and sleek handles beautiful...It drives fast and is built solid. It has a nice interior..and I wont drive anything other than a Mercedes C320.

Love my little 320
By brittany on 02/23/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car! I get a lot of compliments on it and heads do turn. I would've liked the newer body style but I can't complain with this one. I bought it used and it's very clean.

Love my CLK 430
By Travis on 05/06/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved my CLK 430 coupe since day #1. It always puts a smile on my face and is great to drive, especially on the open road. The updated styling for 2001 still looks great and I think, better than the current, slimmer model. Despite some small nuisance repairs, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a solid, sporty car to drive in the city or on the highway.

430 Coupe
By hts06 on 02/22/07 12:44 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All in all I have to say that the Mercedes is a good car. Bought it used with 49k and the light bulb inside the speedometer went out, was $200 to replace. The pixels in the speedometer that show the gear and the temperature and the time started fading out. I have the extended Starmark warranty on it so I didn't pay a dime and they replaced the speedometer entirely and threw in the bulb for free! Car handles amazingly, not horrible on gas for a V8 (15-17mpg) Great acceleration, great handling, would definitely only recommed if you buy with warranty, otherwise the maintenance is not worth it $800 recommended maintenance services are a bit pricey every few thousand miles

Dream Car or Not?
By Sharon on 08/11/06 12:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK320 drives like the dream I always thought Mercedes to be! This is my first Mercedes owenership experience. My main frustration has been the constant back and forth to the dealer for repairs! I have had to replace the catalytic converter 3 times in just over 2 years of ownership. Various sensors have also failed and needed replacement. I've wondered about the wisdom of purchasing another Benz. Still, when the car is not in the shop it's nice to tool around in!

Total Happiness in Virginia
By David B. Bolt on 08/10/06 16:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All-around great car, love the handling, and the awesome power is out of this world. It's my first Mercedes and if all keeps going well it won't be my last. Love the wide Terrelli tires, they really grip the road. Love the inteior and easy access to all controls. A CD changer in the dash would be a plus instead of the trunk. Love it when the car turns admiring heads on the open highway. It has quite an appetite for the gas, but the superb handling and overall fun of driving it supercedes that negative. Impressed with the roomy back seat and large trunk space. Overall thumbs up, thank you Mercedes.

CLK 430
By frazier on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent styling, great performance, OK value

CLK 430 COUPE
By Henri on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it a year old. Lot's of fun. Only have 18k miles on it after two years. Bad news. Front AMG bumper cracks easily. 3000 to replace. Also have a lot of new squeaks in front seats. Tires replaced at 12K miles. Bad city gas mileage, but good on highway. Nice transmission, great seats, good room for 4 people. POWERFUL engine, which moves..Best body style so far. Had fuel sensors replaced twice - under warranty. But love look and feel of heavy car. Feels very strong and safe. Not sure how resale value will be. Recommend buying extended warranty before original exprires.

Poor Quality
By Problems1 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had nothing but troubles. Catylitic converter went out. Speaker problems, rattle in wood trim, EC button problem, ABS problems, malfunctioning key. You get the idea. The car also has accessive ratling.

Fun and more....
By Dave761 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car lives up to everything I have enjoyed about Mercedes. I have had three other models and this one is the most fun to drive.