2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Geat Car For The Money
By Mouse on 07/25/10 16:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been a very good car (close to 100K miles now). The only failures have been the hood struts, pano roof, and the multi function display. Both hood struts and MFD are easily fixed by anyone with the slightest mechanical skill. Pano roof is basically unfixable because of the significant cost (and lack of utility anyway). Handles very well had has adequate power. A bit slow off of the line though. Very practical as it is a hatchback and storage is generous. Rear seats fold down which gives even more cargo room. Simple to maintain yourself (both A & B service). Get one used with the leather interior and the Bose sound system (sound is excellent). Avoid the pano roof if possible. I give it an A-

Little Benny Coup
By Doug on 02/24/09 22:39 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

One owner, 40 k miles, has never been in the shop except for scheduled maintenance. Not too many of the V-6 coupes imported, hard to find in USA. Fast, fun to drive and gets great gas mileage.

If Mercedes Benz built a Mustang
By RGrant on 07/06/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If Mercedes Benz built a Mustang; this would be it. I have had my C320 coupe for almost 3 years and a little over 30K miles. It is one of the rare ones equipped with short throw a six speed manual. (Less than 50 C320s with manuals where imported from Germany). The car continues to make me smile everytime I drive it. The acceleration is impressive, the handling tight and the fuel economy, surprisingly good. There will never be a Mercedes quite like this one in the US again; too bad. I've heard that the C350 version in Europe (278HP) can do 0-60 in 5.4 sec.

2003 Mercedes-Benz C320 - Odd butt, but I love it
By Tommy New Wave on 12/19/04 00:34 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2003 Mercedes-Benz C320 for almost two years and 7,000 miles without any no problems. I love it, and my wife has to tear the keys out my hands every couple weeks to borrow it for the day. It still feels new, looks new, and drives like it cost twice the money. If I could only find an AMG motor and brakes to drop into it...

I agree
By mmnbmeyes on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Before I purchased mine, I came to this site.I got the car with the premium pk (C5,C1-elect seats,plus the cd player). It was really worth it to get these extras. This car is sooooo easy to get around in. Big on front seat comfort but easy for parking. So far really hugs the road-will see what winter brings.My last car was the XJ8 Jaguar- so I was used to luxury and speed plus troubles with service. So far I really like this car.

This car is a surprise...
By the blonde bomber on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car just over a month ago and have had nothing but a great driving experience ever since. The handling, horsepower and features are wonderful. The MBZ experience itself is great since you get the opportunity to get the same wonderful customer service that the more luxurious car owner's receive! it is also not something you see coming and going all the time, and the few I have seen here in the land of MBZ (Newport Beach) reveal a smirk from the other driver-- like, "wow, isn't this car great?" I recommend it highly!

Best value
By Benson on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car 3 days ago and I'm writing the review so it's about the shopping experience. I was looking for ~$30,000 car. I test-drived BMW 325i, Infiniti G35 sedan, Acura TL, Eclipse GTS, MB C230/240 sedan, and C320 sports coupe. The C320 sports coupe gives me best handling (only 325 is close) and very good speed (G35 is faster, but handle sucks). It's the most lux car in the group. I love the panarama sun roof and the sports wheel. So far, it's like a dream come true.

The Enthusiast C320 Coupe Fan
By Laurenxesq on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2001 BMW 325i & 2002 C230 coupe for the new 2003 C320 coupe in 1/2003. I went in HOI in 1/2003 to check out the new C320 coupe. When I saw the xenon headlight & the 17 in wheel, I fell in love! After test driving the vehicle, I bought the car the next day.

amazing car, completley satisfied
By prodigy1387 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

my parents bought the car back in march for my for my 16th bday (driving age in fl is 16) and i'd have to say i'm completely satisfied with it. yeah i'm probably a baby compared to most people on this site, but i still think my input couldn't hurt. the car runs great, i love hearing the engine roar from 4000 to 5000 rpms every so often, and i get lots of looks in it haha. i can definitely tell the difference between the 230 and 320 models, the v6 improves performance like no other - it's a little rocket! i'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great car in this price range - i chose it over the audi a4, lexus IS300, and bmw 325i.

very unique automobile
By utahsaint on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car about 7 weeks ago and absolutely love this vehicle. Not many vehicles impress me since I work in the automobile collision industry- but this one does. Sold a Lexus Is300 for this vehicle and I'm glad I did. Don't get me wrong, the lexus has a bit better quality control than the Benz but there is just something about German cars that make them so much more enjoyable to drive. This car feels as if it was chiseled out of stone. Fit and finish is typically German and everywhere I go, people look at me like with wonder, bewilderment and then envy for having such a nice vehicle at the ripe old age of 29.