Used 2006 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

JJ
By Jim

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this for my 17 year old daughter. She is worst than any torture test ever conceived. (35,000 in 12 months). The car has performed beautifully with no problems what so ever. Averages 26 mpg. It drives and handles like a compact car but has better visibility. I highly recommend the car. If fact my wife liked it so much I bought her one a month later. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power up to about 80 MPH.

Favorite Features

Driveability and ride.

Fun Little Car
By wendylou16

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got this for fuel economy, after driving a 2000 Ford Explorer. So far I love it! It give me just about as much space as I used in the Explorer, and has the feel of a SUV. I love it so far!

Favorite Features

I like how it sits up higher than a car, plenty of room for kids and football gear in the back. Plenty of leg room in the back.

Suggested Improvements

I feel it could use more hidey holes or storage places for "stuff". Sun visors seem small, and don't block well at times. There is a terrible screeching when rolling down the drivers window in cold weather, but I just read to put silicone spray on it, which I plan to do today.

Still Love it
By likeitquiet

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it for a year and love it as much now as on day one. It's made several long road trips around the country at this point, so mileage is quickly increasing but condition, reliability and handling are still superb. This little gem is highly recommended as a keeper - so grateful to Edmunds for aiding in the extensive research process before purchase - not a single regret.

Favorite Features

Handling, stylish design, gas mileage remains between 24-27 mpg hwy. and 20-24 city, great stereo, roomy for hauling all kinds of cargo, seamless cruise control, could go on but you get the idea.

Suggested Improvements

Moonroof motor had to be replaced the first month but has been fine since, high wind noise improves when stock tires are replaced with higher quality, unexplainable grunt noise when engaging back wiper.

Roll Over Accident
By Nicole

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2006 Tribute. I loved it. But the day before Thanksgiving me and my 3 year old daughter were involved in a roll over accident. Witnesses say it rolled 6-7 times. It happened so fast that I couldn't be sure how many times it rolled. I had my seat belt on, my daughter was sitting behind me in her car seat. WE BOTH WALKED AWAY WITH MINOR INJURIES (some bumps) but WE WALKED AWAY. The frame held up perfectly, the door where my daughter was sitting was almost perfect except a few scratches on the top. I was so impressed with the way this suv protected us that I'm going to buy another one. It's all about safety when it comes to my family and this proved safe. This time I will get the v6.

Favorite Features

Interior, feels like the Mazda 626 I used to own. Made me feel safe. Unlike the Land Rover my husband drives which scares me every time I get in it.

Suggested Improvements

When you first step on the gas to pass some one or just to accelerate fast it has like a 1 second pause. But other than that I loved this car.

Don't Buy
By Not so happy owner

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Donít buy it! Iíve had my Tribute for 6 months and have 9700 miles on it now. I bought it new. I wanted wait a while before posting anything online. Iíve had problems from the beginning: 1. One of my doors had messed up clear coat. Had to get refinished. 2. Missing clutch bearing plate. I am mechanically inclined, but never had a manual so I donít know what that is. But sure as heck sounds important. 3. When changing air vent flow from ground to upper vents, the ground vents blow air out for about another 10 minutes. Only happens on AC, not on heat. Go figure. 4. One of the upper vents does not close. 5. When it is cold out, it is near impossible to get back into first gear.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage and good handling for SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Fix mechanical quality.