2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
LOVE IT
By Vonda on 12/19/05 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My spouse showed up with this last week after our Exploder was on the way out. I was skeptical of a 4 cylinder being able to handle my driving. I absolutely love it. It handles tight and sporty, yet stable. It gets great gas mileage - I even got 28 last week on the highway. I wanted more seating, but this is exactly what I really needed for day to day driving with a family of four.

2006 Tribute
By BK on 11/28/05 02:56 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good after the first 1,000 miles. Like the ride and handling. First long trip over 350 miles one way and got 21 miles to a gallon.

Zoom zoom ... yeah
By LDavisaz on 11/14/05 07:05 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This little puppy has guts and handles nicely in any situation. Acceleration from 0 -60 is quick, smooth, and a pleasure to experience. Trusty reaction time! Nice interior with spacious leg room, well laid out, and all controls in easy access.

Tribute by Ninja
By Ninja on 09/22/05 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased it early 2005. Fun to drive. Peppy around town. Highway ride is stiffer but okay. Can't beat the price. Best buy for the price and among its competitors. Steering and braking is very accurate. It's a sporty SUV with good looks.

Good value
By Karen on 09/08/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car, good value and very comfortable. A couple of items not up to speed. Clothing hanger is poor and there is only one. The antenna must be removed with a wrench to go through a car wash. Pain in the behind. Otherwise, great for road trips and good mileage.

Mazda Tribute
By j seiler on 09/07/05 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a joy to own and drive. I get 20 mpg in town and 26 mpg on the interstate. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone!

satisfied
By multi ownwr on 09/07/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford reliability with a better warranty.

HAPPY NEW OWNER
By HAPPY GREAT GRANDMA on 09/07/05 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a reliable, economical, dependable, good looking car. I found it in the tribute Mazda. I feel secure and safe in this vehicle; in fact I just returned from a emergency trip to Texas. I went by myself. I am a female 67 years old and I felt secure driving the Tribute. The gas mileage was good 26.7mpg on the highway. My average speed was 67mph. I am no speed demon. I have had many compliments on my vehicle, all of them positive.

Zoom...Zoom...Zoom
By Mike on 09/07/05 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My family of four really enjoys our new Tribute. It's peppy and gets you where you need to go in a hurry! We plan to drive on our family vacation this Fall. My dealer had dual personalities, prior to receiving our cash and post cash. Mazda should better scrutinize who gets a franchise. The product though is Zoom...Zoom...Zoom!

Mazda Tribute
By Gavin on 08/22/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Tribute! I researched extensively and decided on the Tribute over the Escape and Mariner due to slightly lower price (with rebates) and the 4/50K warranty vs. 3/36K. The only other one I considered was a Hyundai (I disliked the GMs). This is a fun-to- drive mini-SUV with all imaginable amenities included on package 3. The only things missing: steering-wheel radio controls and a message center (mileage, trip running time, etc.). Some owners gripe of the gas mileage, but I have averaged 19.3 during the initial 900 miles (50-50 split of highway & city miles). C'mon people -- it's an AWD V6 SUV, not a compact car with a tinny 4-cylinder. Heck, my underpowered '94 Subaru only got 18/26.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.