Used 2006 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

It's really just a Ford
By Mike

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tribute new and at 3100 total miles, my transmission broke and had to be replaced. There were no error codes when technicians hooked up to the test computer. The dealer had it for over 10 days until I got it back. The wheels and brakes continually squeak at slow speeds (typical Ford). I don't really trust the vehicle now because of the transmission and am seeking to trade it for something else (not Mazda). Unfortunately it may be awhile before I can do that as the Tribute's trade in value has severely decreased since I bought it, and continues to decrease. I will never buy another Mazda or from the dealer I purchased it from. Also poor workmanship in body panel on r/front door.

4 year/50,000 mile warranty, stereo system.

Lighted cruise control, better quality parts. Break from joint ventures with Ford. It doesn't really matter because I'll never buy another Mazda. Poor build quality in body materials and poor workmanship at factory

I love my SUV
By Gina

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2006 Mazda Tribute in December 2006 and I love it! It handles nicely, rides comfortably and my daughter and I just love it. It was only the 2nd car I test drove. It's the perfect size, not too bulky and small enough to fit in compact spaces.

Love love the steering wheel. Nice fit to my hands. Nice space in the center console and back of the SUV.

Lighted ignition and maybe moved up a bit. I have to lean over to find the key hole because it's behind the steering wheel and unlit. Needs a hidden storage compartment in the back space or under the seating. It would be nice to have storage that can be tucked away.

JJ
By Jim

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this for my 17 year old daughter. She is worst than any torture test ever conceived. (35,000 in 12 months). The car has performed beautifully with no problems what so ever. Averages 26 mpg. It drives and handles like a compact car but has better visibility. I highly recommend the car. If fact my wife liked it so much I bought her one a month later. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power up to about 80 MPH.

Driveability and ride.

Fun Little Car
By wendylou16

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got this for fuel economy, after driving a 2000 Ford Explorer. So far I love it! It give me just about as much space as I used in the Explorer, and has the feel of a SUV. I love it so far!

I like how it sits up higher than a car, plenty of room for kids and football gear in the back. Plenty of leg room in the back.

I feel it could use more hidey holes or storage places for "stuff". Sun visors seem small, and don't block well at times. There is a terrible screeching when rolling down the drivers window in cold weather, but I just read to put silicone spray on it, which I plan to do today.

Still Love it
By likeitquiet

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it for a year and love it as much now as on day one. It's made several long road trips around the country at this point, so mileage is quickly increasing but condition, reliability and handling are still superb. This little gem is highly recommended as a keeper - so grateful to Edmunds for aiding in the extensive research process before purchase - not a single regret.

Handling, stylish design, gas mileage remains between 24-27 mpg hwy. and 20-24 city, great stereo, roomy for hauling all kinds of cargo, seamless cruise control, could go on but you get the idea.

Moonroof motor had to be replaced the first month but has been fine since, high wind noise improves when stock tires are replaced with higher quality, unexplainable grunt noise when engaging back wiper.