Used 2006 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

I love my SUV
By Gina

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2006 Mazda Tribute in December 2006 and I love it! It handles nicely, rides comfortably and my daughter and I just love it. It was only the 2nd car I test drove. It's the perfect size, not too bulky and small enough to fit in compact spaces.

Love love the steering wheel. Nice fit to my hands. Nice space in the center console and back of the SUV.

Lighted ignition and maybe moved up a bit. I have to lean over to find the key hole because it's behind the steering wheel and unlit. Needs a hidden storage compartment in the back space or under the seating. It would be nice to have storage that can be tucked away.

JJ
By Jim

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this for my 17 year old daughter. She is worst than any torture test ever conceived. (35,000 in 12 months). The car has performed beautifully with no problems what so ever. Averages 26 mpg. It drives and handles like a compact car but has better visibility. I highly recommend the car. If fact my wife liked it so much I bought her one a month later. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power up to about 80 MPH.

Driveability and ride.

Fun Little Car
By wendylou16

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got this for fuel economy, after driving a 2000 Ford Explorer. So far I love it! It give me just about as much space as I used in the Explorer, and has the feel of a SUV. I love it so far!

I like how it sits up higher than a car, plenty of room for kids and football gear in the back. Plenty of leg room in the back.

I feel it could use more hidey holes or storage places for "stuff". Sun visors seem small, and don't block well at times. There is a terrible screeching when rolling down the drivers window in cold weather, but I just read to put silicone spray on it, which I plan to do today.

Still Love it
By likeitquiet

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it for a year and love it as much now as on day one. It's made several long road trips around the country at this point, so mileage is quickly increasing but condition, reliability and handling are still superb. This little gem is highly recommended as a keeper - so grateful to Edmunds for aiding in the extensive research process before purchase - not a single regret.

Handling, stylish design, gas mileage remains between 24-27 mpg hwy. and 20-24 city, great stereo, roomy for hauling all kinds of cargo, seamless cruise control, could go on but you get the idea.

Moonroof motor had to be replaced the first month but has been fine since, high wind noise improves when stock tires are replaced with higher quality, unexplainable grunt noise when engaging back wiper.

Roll Over Accident
By Nicole

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2006 Tribute. I loved it. But the day before Thanksgiving me and my 3 year old daughter were involved in a roll over accident. Witnesses say it rolled 6-7 times. It happened so fast that I couldn't be sure how many times it rolled. I had my seat belt on, my daughter was sitting behind me in her car seat. WE BOTH WALKED AWAY WITH MINOR INJURIES (some bumps) but WE WALKED AWAY. The frame held up perfectly, the door where my daughter was sitting was almost perfect except a few scratches on the top. I was so impressed with the way this suv protected us that I'm going to buy another one. It's all about safety when it comes to my family and this proved safe. This time I will get the v6.

Interior, feels like the Mazda 626 I used to own. Made me feel safe. Unlike the Land Rover my husband drives which scares me every time I get in it.

When you first step on the gas to pass some one or just to accelerate fast it has like a 1 second pause. But other than that I loved this car.

• SUV