Should get better gas mileage for a 4 cylinder
By dennis on
2005 Mazda Tribute i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Traded my Camry for this and wish I had kept it mainly for gas mileage. Thought a 4 cylinder would do good but I get only 23 on trips even with just myself in the car. I added a power roof which I like. Passenger door does not accept key so the only way in is the driver's door if you don't have remote. This is sometimes a pain as I try to keep my keychain from being too bulky esp. if carrying remotes for other cars too. There was a recall for the back hatch door lock which was minor. I have about 17000 miles and no real problems so far other than it is sluggish on the highway, esp. hills and has to downshift to climb. It does that a lot on trips. It does ride smooth and is sporty. It is just OK.
Favorite Features
Power roof (not from factory), head room and leg room great, comfortable seats, rear hatch can open two ways: just the window or the entire door. Seats fold down for cargo.
Suggested Improvements
Improve power of 4 cylinder and improve the gas mileage that it gets. Should be able to get around 25mpg or better. It was advertised for more! Key hole on passenger door. More horsepower.