2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
2005 Tribute AWD
By Hcormier on 09/02/05 13:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good, vehicle has proven to be a good towing workhorse for our boat. Only issue has been the installation of a wiring harness for towing (did not purchase with towing pack). Had to wait until March 2005 for harness to be developed by Mazda as any aftermarket harness would void warranty due to compatibility with design issues. Otherwise it has proven to be a very good vehicle in the snow and loose gravel.

zoom...zoom...zoom
By Mike on 08/30/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy our new Tribute. Lots of bells and whistles for the price. The rebates make it awesome. You don't see a tremendous amount of Tributes on the road, I don't like to be "part of the crowd". The gas tank could be larger and the gas mileage could be better. When you accelerate you can feel the vehicle tugging at different rates. The dealership I purchased at had two different personalities, before purchase and after purchase, that is the only "real" negative experience. I can live with the rest! Zoom....Zoom....Zoom.....

My Trib
By dblduce on 08/21/05 17:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a demo with 8700 miles. This car is like new, I've researched many other small utes but this one tops them all. I was lucky to get an almost fully loaded unit, sunroof, 6 disc changer and subwoofer. It doesn't have the side or curtain airbags but I do like that it has ABS and 4 wheel discs. I live in the Sunbelt so no need for 4WD. This is an excellent vehicle and its carlike ride doesn't give you the feel of an SUV.

Fun SUV
By AJM on 08/19/05 21:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent quality for the price. Fun to drive and handles great. Stiff and firm ride, corners great, good acceleration, and good design overall. Gas mileage is average considering it's a 6 cylinder. First Mazda I have owned and will probably buy another.

Fantastic Car
By Greg on 08/08/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best car purchase. I wanted to get a 4x4 for Minnesota winters but still have a car that's fun to drive. This definitely lives up to it! The revamped interior with a substantial center console and gear shift make it much more luxurious than past models and it's space and handling create a much more versatile car than ones like Chevy Trailblazer. On road trips I get about 28mpg and all the comfort you could want.

great SUV!
By Lissa on 08/01/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Mazda Tribute last October. I love it; I bought it because I thought it looked like a sporty SUV with a lot of room to haul things. I have the v-6 and it has a lot of pep and go. Gas isn't the best (but no SUVs are good on gas) but to me its worth it to pay a little more at the pump and to love and have fun in what I drive! :)

Best in Class, Best in Price
By Andrew on 07/31/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I compared the specs of the Tribute against all competitors. The Tribute had the best specs in most areas in its class but about $2-4k less and a better warranty. I was very impressed. This is a great SUV. Could use some improvements, noted, but most all of them in its class could. The price couldn't be beat. This was a no brainier. Paid $16,750 4WD, auto.

my first SUV
By big old baby on 07/06/05 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 2 months it's all good. I think this is the perfect size SUV for someone who is moving out of a sedan. Quality is top notch. Ride is smooth and quiet. Fold down rear seats allow a ton of stuff to be hauled. I like the style better than the Escape. Combined mileage of 22 MPG is pretty good.

tribute
By denise on 07/04/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this suv is the best. fun to drive.....fantastic car. smooth driving especially on the highway.

2005 Mazda Tribute
By Laura on 06/29/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda Tribute with fwd and 4 cylinder engine gets great gas mileage city and highway. It's great fun to drive.