1993 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: I love my car

1993 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Review

I love my car
By StellaTbird on

1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1993. I have totally enjoyed it. I have not had anything I would call major go wrong with it. Normal maintance and just plain worn out is about it. Like timming belt & cv boot etc. I did blow a spark plug and had a leak in the ratiator. It does burn a little oil now. After 10 years and 120,000 miles you would be tired too. I once had a problem with the selt belt light coming on and staying on. I took it to the Mazda dealer and they fixed it for free. They told me Mazda does not mess around with problems with the belts. I would buy Mazda again for sure.

The trunk is big and the back seat spilt fold. (I put a 6 ft christmas tree in that trunk.) The passing power is the best, when passing up a hill other cars are starting to slow and I just breeze on by. Millage is really good. Even as the car starts to age.

The cup holders are in the way of the radio. Seats are not the best for long trips.