2003 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: A Faithful and Fun Car

2003 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

i Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Faithful and Fun Car
By Felix on

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my Mazda 6 for almost 6 1/2 years before trading it this month. In all that time, the only mechanical problem I ever had with the car was a bad CV valve. I did however have several problems with interior quality, namely my hands wore holes through the leather coverings on the steering wheel and gear-shift knob. Talk about cheap. The headliner also started coming down after only 4 1/2 years. Finally, the pixels on the center console started fading out making it difficult to read. All that said, the car was very reliable and fun to drive. It handled very nimbly and dug into corners. Straight-line acceleration was lacking but it was a 4-cylinder. I would definitely buy it again.

6-Disc In-Dash CD changer; leather heated seats; athletic cornering capability; interior ergonomics; bright reddish orange dash and console; sound of the engine.

1st generation has ended but would definitely improve the quality of interior materials.