2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Very pleased.
By Joe on 08/16/10 06:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Mazda 3. I traded a 2000 Miata for it, and expected a letdown in the fun-to-drive department when it came time to trade. I didn’t have much money to spend, and I needed something economical for my very long daily commute. Those criteria don’t usually lend themselves to much fun. Or so I thought. The Mazda 3 is great fun to drive. The 2.0 liter engine revs willingly and the five-speed manual shifts smoothly and positively. It corners flat, the steering is precise, and it brakes confidently. And for an inexpensive car, the 3 doesn't look or feel cheap. Materials and build quality are good. There really is something to the "zoom- zoom" stuff.

Truly making it fun to drive again!
By Proud Mazda Owner on 08/14/10 21:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have to start this review by saying that this car is just plain fun to drive! It will make your morning commute a happy time. The interior is very nice and refined. The lighting on the gauges is, simply put, very cool. For the price of the car it is amazing what you get inside and out. The bluetooth, steering wheel mounted controls, & sound system are a luxury. Above all, the engine rocks! Put your foot to the pedal and you will not believe it is a 4 cyl. Restrain yourself or let it go, it is your choice. It hops off the line and is agile, sporty, and feels like a V6. During my test drive when I hit the gas, I actually said, "that's what I'm talkin' 'bout". Oh yes, Daddy like!

One of a KInd!
By Stuntman Bob on 08/10/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This replaces my 2008 Mazda3 GT hatch that was the identical trim with Bose/Roof package. The differences though are stark and immediately obvious.I was nervous as in jan. when I got it the reviews were limited and die-hard Mazda3 people were ragging it into the ground for design which turned out to be something that grew on everybody once they bought the car and experienced perfection. We were all scared it would not be better than its predecessor, well it is and in every category, Suspension,Engine, Transmission, Interior noise level, European feel and interior materials. It's a car that I already know is destined to be one of the all time greatest cars ever built- forget the class its in.

Good Choice!
By FullyFamous on 08/05/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car car for one week now. Very impressed with it so far. 1st tank of gas got 27.5 mpg (mostly city). The next tank was a true all-highway trip and I got 34.5 mpg. So far, so good! Not even broken in yet. Tilt/telescoping wheel can interfere with speedo/tach if adjusted to how I would ultimately like it; have had to adjust my seating position to work around this. Seems like some tire noise compared to my old '98 cavalier.

One month & 1,000 miles
By Jay on 08/02/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I turned in a Honda Accord since I wanted a smaller car for going to the post office etc. First off the Accord had problems which it shouldn't have had. Problem with a window, power steering and needed new brakes early. The Mazda is good so far. The finish and upholstery inside is very good. I like the dashboard. Much better than the Civic. I miss a little bit the cruise control and power locks but again only a little bit.

Love the car
By Bettina on 07/30/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first time that I have ever owned a Mazda, and so far I absolutely love my Mazda3 S Sport. There are only two things that I am disappointed with. I think with this vehicle there is ground noise, so it is not as insulated as I would like, and the other is I think that ALL cars should be made to have automatic lights that come on (daytime running) and then evening lights. So it is a little nosier then I would like, but certainly not enough that I don't like the car. It is fun, sporty, and I love driving it. Like their logo suggests: zoom-zoom

Thought it would be faster!
By I want to go fast on 07/09/10 14:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After turning in my Mazda 6 I decided to try out the 3. The Grand Touring is worth the extra bucks with heated leather seats, moon-roof etc. The gas mileage for a smaller car kinda stinks since the best I could get is 24 mpg. The handling around tight turns is fun although I wish the car was faster. I thought the 2.5 engine on a smaller car would be better. The best 0-60 I could get was around 8 seconds. My manual shifting days are over so when they come out with the Mazda Speed in an automatic, I'm there!

In love!
By mazdalvr on 07/03/10 12:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This car is awesome! I test drove all the other cars in its class, and after driving this one, I bought it on the spot. It looks so much classier/sportier than others I looked at, and The Bose Stereo is great, also loving the sunroof! Having Bluetooth standard is nice too. Coming from a V6 to a 4 cyl. wasn't a big deal as this thing can get up and go. To anyone looking for a car packed with options at a reasonable price - and great looks - BUY A MAZDA! You won't regret it.

Luxury Car Replacement?
By TheRas900 on 06/25/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is an initial review and I'll provide more feedback after logging more miles. However, here are some first thoughts. The Mazda 3s GT is a very fun car to drive, with good performance and excellent handling. It is not very refined, with much engine noise and some cheap interior materials. It is a very good car, but maybe not as great as people say. Compared to a Civic or Corolla it is worlds better; compared to an Audi or Saab it is worlds worse. The decontenting (no more mirror signals, foot well illumination, etc) that took place mid-year gives away some of the car's edge on competitors.

I wanted to buy another one
By A.Lodhi on 06/23/10 19:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car, I you feel connected with this car.Stylish , no cheap plastics, high end designing and features.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in NJ is:

$240 per month*