Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

I love this car!
By Angie

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I went from an '09 Subaru Legacy to this. I could not believe the difference in handling. Such a minuscule amount of body roll. Such great grip on the road. This car is amazing. And to top it off, it has such a great look! This car deserves the giant smile on the front. I would smile all the time too if I was this car. And I smile when I drive it. I'm so happy I got it. Beautiful inside and out. If you prefer the slushy drive of your basic economy car, then this car is not for you. For true driving enthusiasts that also want something practical for everyday driving.

Favorite Features

The outside, the inside, the engine, the wheels, the suspension, the big smiley face on the front, the 5th door, the blue interior luminescence. etc etc etc.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the circular air vents with normal ones. But its not a big turn off.

Fun Pocket Rocket
By KeysCop (retired)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent performance & handling. Surprisingly good mpg, I average 29 mpg. Fun to drive baby! Cons: speedometer/tac display view blocked by steering wheel(design flaw); small gas & odometer gauges seem almost an afterthought. Single high note horn is pathetic. No engine temp/oil gauges. And why would you put the fuel filler cap on the Right side of the car!!??

Favorite Features

Outstanding Performance with 2.5L and still 29 mpg. Corners like a sports car. Exterior sport styling and sport seats. Bluetooth. Manual shift automatic transmission. Information display on dash

Suggested Improvements

Redesign speedometer/tac display to be more visible. How about a real dual note horn!? Move the fuel filler cap to the Left (driver's side in most countries).

Fun ride!
By Cindy C.

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I needed something more fuel efficient than what I was in---- looked at this car and knew it was what I was looking for. Actually left the dealer two times to keep looking, but knew I'd be back. Buying a brand new car was not in my plans, but I am so glad I didn't talk myself out of it. I was looking for something sporty, yet fuel efficient, and fun to drive. I think I got all this and more with this car. I thoroughly enjoy driving it. It really is a great little car. Plenty of room for groceries in the hatchback area, and the sound system is pretty decent. I'm very happy with my purchase....

Favorite Features

Blue-tooth phone feature is great, like the auxilliary jack for ipods, awesome sporty look, great visibility all around,great handling..... I really do love this car!

Suggested Improvements

I think I'd rather see my MPH on the digital dash display instead of my average speed. Kind of seems irrelevant to know my average speed... I can see my MPH on the speedometer, of course, but its not digital.

I LOVE my new Mazda3!
By Jaylee

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I cannot convey how much I LOVE this car. I bought it in Velocity Red with dual heated leather seats, 6 disc in dash cd player, bluetooth capability, you name it....and all for under $23000! I love this better than my 2003 Honda Civic EX coupe, which was a manual transmission. Too much stopping and starting to get the manual where I live, but I don't care. Smooth ride, every option is easily accessible to the driver. Gets much better MPG's than my Pacifica AWD, so I'm happy! Fun and sporty, what more could you ask for??

Favorite Features

Awesome how the center console will slide forward for resting your arm...all with the click of a button! Really pleased with the dual climate control and dual heated seats and the information center. I like to be reminded of upcoming service to the vehicle without reminder stickers on the windshield

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little better MPG's, but who is complaining?! I think the s Grand Touring should automatically come with a rear spoiler as opposed to the rear lip, but not a big deal.

Better Than a Honda!
By Collette

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I was choosing between a Honda Civic sedan and this car and after test driving both at the same price I was so excited to buy my first Mazda after owning a previous Honda Civic.

Favorite Features

The features at this price and it is so smooth yet powerfull to drive compared to a similar Honda Civic.

Suggested Improvements

A little better job on the front grill looks funny. Also make a better place for the license plate on the rear bumper there should be bolts rather than screws into the plastic. I guess this is one thing that is better on the Honda!