2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
I love this car...
By Mike Hogan on 06/16/09 01:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It handles great and it greets you with a zoom-zoom and hello and then a goodbye when you leave. The joker grin grille is a bit much, but it suits the personality of the car. I'm tempted to get a Joker license plate. The hatch allows me to carry my mountain bike or whatever from Home Depot. There's one thing I would change and that is the seat width in my upper back area. It's too narrow for me. My son just bought a new Subaru WRX and the seatback width is perfect. So Mazda make the seats as wide in the back so that the side bolsters surround the driver, not dig into my back. Funny I didn't notice it when I test drove it. Other than that I love the car. It's practical fun!

Mazda Dream
By Hold on on 06/11/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Its about time someone built a competitively priced vehicle that has great looks, handling, and of course power too.

Great Deal out there
By Danti on 06/10/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Hi all. Im from Atherton, CA. Just got a new mazda 3 touring celestial blue w/ tech and roof packages a few days ago 06/07/10 after came to terms that I like driving more than going with the hybrid Insight (feels like you floating w/ Insight). Can't comment much since the maz is still new to me. Handling is good but not quite in the line of bmw 3 and that says a lot for the money. I would recommend readers to explore the lease option currently offer from mazda. I ended up leasing after a good finance guy explained and compared buy/leasing terms to me. My deal--$200 over invoice; 3.4 apr/15000 miles lease over 3 yrs. love the deal; no worries after warr. expires

Great Car!!!!
By mazdaguy on 06/09/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Had this about 1 week so can't comment on reliability but this thing is a blast to drive, I test drove the corolla, civic, elantra and sentra and this car beats it by leaps and bounds. The interior is so upscale, they spared no expense (it looks like a BMW). No cheap plastics or loose panels. But the best part is the handling, this car wants to be driven fast and it handles great. You can take corners with confidence

The best Mazda yet
By Partial to Mazdas on 06/08/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am partial to Mazda. I have owned to many cars from American to Japanese. I love cars. This is my 4th Mazda. I love everything about it. My husband loves it to which is surprising. It handles real well and has enough pick up. As far as gas goes I haven't had it long enough to make a comment on that yet. The tech package is great. I have children and they have no problem with the room in the back seat neither do I. I always sit in the back to see where my knees are. I am 5'6" and i was comfortable back there. The trunk has good space to. I like the orange inside it lights up the dash rather well. The whole layout is perfect to me. I would recommend this car. you get alot for your money.

My First Mazda!
By Lisa on 06/06/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've only had the car for one day but I absolutely love it! I have the GT HB with the Moonroof/Bose package and I'm amazed at what you get for the money. I looked at Toyota Rav4, Matrix, Nissan Rogue & Versa, Subara Impreza and Mazda3. The Mazda3 had everything I wanted at the right price. The others didn't even come close. I've been driving Nissans for 22 years so I really had to step out of my comfort zone to buy something else but I'm glad I did. The car is fun to drive and that's a priority for me. I'm still in shock that I actually have it! I had trouble finding a GT HB with a M/T in Black with black interior. I was told it would be August but one dealer in Texas had one and I got it!

The most fun car I've ever driven
By Mike on 06/05/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Hands down this is the most fun car I've ever driven. This car has actually made me look forward to my hour long commute every morning. The power is more than sufficient and the handling is excellent. The only drawbacks to this car are the two very minor recalls already issued (although my dealer was able to fix them both in under and hour) and the gas mileage.

As advertised...
By Tim on 06/05/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just picked up the car last week and so far it has been everything it was cracked up to be. The car looks great and drives like a much more expensive car. I love all the instrumentation controls being on the steering wheel and the Bose sound system is amazing. Fit and finish are excellent and the interior at night is just plain cool. I'll be driving this car as my primary commuter and the morning and evening commutes just got a whole lot more fun (and economical). Oh, the push-button start (technology package) is sweet.

Fun to drive good looking sedan
By Chris on 06/02/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I drove an 2006 Mazda 3 iTouring for about three years before buying my 2010 3s. This car definitely steps up the included features without doing much to the price. For under 20K you get a lot of power and a good feature set vs Honda, Toyota, etc. The ride is actually a bit louder than before but overall this is the same car I loved in 2006 with more features and refinements.

Great car, very satisfied
By Saint Louis Driver on 06/01/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I was looking for a new car, and I looked at at least 15 cars in the $14k-18k segment. I happened upon this little beauty and am very happy. I have the 2.0L iTouring model, and have had it for about a month. It's got about 2100 miles on it, at first I was getting 33- 34mpg, but after breaking it in some, I have got 37mpg on my last 2 fill-ups. It's very fun and sporty to drive, I put the performance at 8, because even though it's faster than anything I've previously owned, I'm not naive enough to think it can outpower some of the more expensive vehicles out there on the road, although this thing has PLENTY of pep, believe you me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$141 per month*