Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 324 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Even works for the family
By mmb

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had our Mazda 3 for a little over 2 months now and we are very happy with our decision. We wanted something that was going to get good gas mileage and the Mazda 3 has lived up to that. We are constantly getting 30 mpg which is greatly improved from the 16 mpg we were getting in our SUV. We thought this would be a vehicle for commuting back & forth to work, but actually our 3 children, ranging in age from 14 to 2, fit in the backseat just fine (even with a car seat) so we use it for family outings too. It has great handling and acceleration.

Bluetooth/hands free

No more Toyotas
By sabres fan

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had Toyotas my whole life and that is over. Having traded in my Tacoma (loved it) so my wife could have an SUV (Ford Escape) I was stuck in a Camry. BORING. Did some research and read reviews. Test drove Corolla Sport, Civic and Nissan Sentra. Never would have considered Mazda but I was looking for something sporty but not a "sports" car and I knew it as soon as I drove it that I found what I was looking for. Dumped my boring Camry and LOVE the Mazda 3. More room then any of the others and WAY sportier inside and out. Handles real nice and solid on the gas mileage. Pick-up could be better but once it is going everything is smooth.

Interior and Exterior are both sharp. Bluetooth is much better then Ford's SYNC as far as ease of use and reception quality

Sunglass holder above rear view mirror. Somewhere to put loose change. (I know, that is getting picky)

Love my 3
By leeharvey418

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Fantastic suspension, flexible engine, more features than are available on many cars costing a lot more, and decent room and fuel economy add up to a tremendous amount of fun and value. The car's only real shortcoming that I've found in six months and 9000 miles is that the stock Toyos aren't the best tires in the rain, but that's easily corrected.

The car's suspension makes you like to drive. The engine is very flexible, and I don't have any problem matching or beating the EPA's mileage numbers. Interior materials are first-rate. The features that either you or the dealer can customize make the car feel more like your own.

Not much- maybe make the customization completely accessible through the MID rather than some features only being accessible to the dealer. That and some better stock tires, but that's pretty much the case with most cars on the market.

LOVE my new Mazda!!!
By cubbiesfan10

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was having a VERY hard time with the thought of getting rid of my Toyota Corolla S for a new car since I have never had any problems with my Toyota and absolutely loved that car. But it was time. After owning my Mazda 3 for one week I can honestly say purchasing this car was the best move I ever made. It has a very sporty feel (the low profile tires and sport-tuned suspension make it fun to drive). I feel like the car hugs the road and has VERY good pick up for being a 4 cylinder. I was VERY impressed at night when I noticed tiny indigo blue LED lights illuminating my cupholders and arm rests. This car is very well made, fun to drive and priced extremely well for all that it comes with!

Interior layout/design, Mazda's attention to detail (e.g. blue LED lights to illuminate cupholder and arm rests).

I wish it had an engine temperature gauge, also as everyone mentioned below I don't like how you can't just pull the door lever to open the door when locked. You have to unlock the car first.

Just purchased - already impressed
By Blague

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Like other posters, I compared the Usual Suspects (Golf, Civic, Impreza) and, feature for feature, none of the others came even close for what I was looking for - both in terms of purchase price and the 0% finance incentive. I've only driven it for a few days -and will post again once I've broken it in- but I very much enjoy driving it, the Bluetooth features, the Bose sound system, the seating position and the suspension setup. In short, I truly feel I've made the right decision.

Bluetooth phone and music connectivity, Bose sound system

More legroom in the backseat would make it a perfect car