2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Good car with a couple of minor issues....
By ddau on 07/03/12 08:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2010 Mazda 3 Gran Touring 2.5L 6 speed since October of 2010. I recently hit 30K miles on it. It does have some minor workmanship issues. When it's cold, the instrument cluster rattles (which stinks if you have OCD). The front left speaker needs to be replaced. And now the front rotors are warped. The dealership told me over the phone this morning that in Colorado, warped brakes are a common problem, but they aren't going to do anything about it because it's wear and tear. Funny, I haven't had any "common" brake warping problems in my other cars I own, especially at 30K miles. Its a decent vehicle, but I have been reading up on the Dodge Dart.... just sayin'.

Will never purchase a mazda again.
By coakub on 08/09/11 14:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

words cannot explain how horrible my experience with mazda was. first my clutch failed(due to pressure plate wearing unevenly) with no warning at 19500 miles, after only owning since november, and then the service department treated me like crap, ignored their mechanics who said it was defective, screamed at me to the point i was in tears in the middle of the floor, and refused to cover the repairs, corporate was not much a better experience as they didnt care and wouldnt give me any answers. i contacted the local news stations and everyone in PITTSBURGH PA will know what has happened.

As time goes on I love my Mazda 3 more!
By Adam. W on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After my first test drive of a 2010 Grand Touring Sedan I fell in love and knew this was the right car for me. The handling in the Mazda 3 is downright amazing! This car just hangs on and is how every front wheel drive car should handle. The ride is very good for the sporting capabilities of the Mazda 3. Interior is fantastic. Materials are all very high quality, feature content is superb. Seats are VERY comfortable and supportive. The engine and transmission are gem's. The 2.5 engine is so smooth it is easy to hit the rev limiter while winding it out. Fuel economy is good. The power from the 2.5 may feel "soft" initially but once you get it above ~2500 RPM it goes well.

Thought it would be faster!
By I want to go fast on 07/09/10 14:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After turning in my Mazda 6 I decided to try out the 3. The Grand Touring is worth the extra bucks with heated leather seats, moon-roof etc. The gas mileage for a smaller car kinda stinks since the best I could get is 24 mpg. The handling around tight turns is fun although I wish the car was faster. I thought the 2.5 engine on a smaller car would be better. The best 0-60 I could get was around 8 seconds. My manual shifting days are over so when they come out with the Mazda Speed in an automatic, I'm there!

Luxury Car Replacement?
By TheRas900 on 06/25/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is an initial review and I'll provide more feedback after logging more miles. However, here are some first thoughts. The Mazda 3s GT is a very fun car to drive, with good performance and excellent handling. It is not very refined, with much engine noise and some cheap interior materials. It is a very good car, but maybe not as great as people say. Compared to a Civic or Corolla it is worlds better; compared to an Audi or Saab it is worlds worse. The decontenting (no more mirror signals, foot well illumination, etc) that took place mid-year gives away some of the car's edge on competitors.

Very Happy
By Roxy in Northern, VA on 06/14/10 14:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Before buying this car, I shopped for over a year for the right car. Other vehicles I considered were Nissan Altima, Acura TSX, and Honda Accord. I am very happy with my Mazda. It is so responsive and fun to drive. I live in Northern, VA, where there is a lot of traffic. I am happy to say, I have used this car many times to get out of bad traffic situations. It accelerates quickly, even with a car full of people. It's so comfortable and stylish. My only gripe is that the horn sounds weak and I don't think the mileage is all that great. Overall, I'm extremely pleased.

The Holy Grail
By GOD on 06/10/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I finally logged 2000 miles and decided to run this pup up HWY north of SF and let me tell you this locomotive took off like Tony Dorsett when he won the Heisman and the engine was relaxed and suspension was just working like it was made to finally but never a tire squeal was a heard . I was not pushing this thing to see what it would do, I was dying it to see what it would do while I was still in a relaxed state, and that my fellow Mazda drivers was fast enough to have literally every single car move off to the right and let me pass without even trying. Effortless and incredibly balanced is all I can say - yes folks as near to perfect as any car I can say I have driven-

Welcome to Zoom-Zoom Nation!
By ucbearcat1975 on 05/25/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just got the car last night but consider I just had a 2008 Mazda3 i Touring for the past 2 years. I will come back & write a review after a few months, but 1st impressions. New Mazda3 is incredible! Handling, check! Superior fit and finish, check! Int/Ext Design, check! Turns heads, check! Bluetooth, check! Fantastic Bose radio, check! More power (167 hp compared to 148 in the 08), check! More Zoom-Zoom spirit & performance, CHECK! Makes me smile and want to drive, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK! This car is a pure joy to drive so far. I used to want a BMW 3 series, but I now look at those cars & think to myself. BORING! Sticker $23,645. Got mine w/roof for $19,900 + T/T.

Great Car!
By Draygonia on 03/05/10 13:43 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great value and if you can skip the tech package, it is an even better value! Nice entry-level luxury car. Fun to drive, but I would have opted for the automatic. Very, very reliable, very sturdy. I feel as if I can get many miles out of this thing before it dies.

Luxury on a Budget
By JAW on 03/04/10 08:59 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have bought dozens of new cars. You might say I am a poor man's Jay Leno. On Feb. 16,2010,I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 GT 6sp man. sedan in graphite with 2MC,and 1TE.I got 0.0% financing and Mazda's $500 rebate.The 3 GT's MSRP is $24890,I paid $21920 plus $910 for tax,tag, and fees,total was $22830 O.T.D. I enjoy the driving dynamics, and the creature comfort features, which would cost between $5000 and $10000 in the BMW 3,Mercedes C,Infinity G,or VW CC I have owed. Thus the Mazda 3 GT is definitly Luxury on a Budget.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$122 per month*