Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Good car with a couple of minor issues....
By ddau

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2010 Mazda 3 Gran Touring 2.5L 6 speed since October of 2010. I recently hit 30K miles on it. It does have some minor workmanship issues. When it's cold, the instrument cluster rattles (which stinks if you have OCD). The front left speaker needs to be replaced. And now the front rotors are warped. The dealership told me over the phone this morning that in Colorado, warped brakes are a common problem, but they aren't going to do anything about it because it's wear and tear. Funny, I haven't had any "common" brake warping problems in my other cars I own, especially at 30K miles. Its a decent vehicle, but I have been reading up on the Dodge Dart.... just sayin'.

Favorite Features

I average 29-30 mpg with the 2.5 liter. I am light on the gas and usually skip gears in normal traffic which helps. When my wife drives it, she gets 25-26 mpg. Hmmm..... Interior is comfortable and the seat bolsters keep you in the seat nicely. It does have a lot of options and good bang for the buck. The only option I didn't get was the sunroof and the GPS. The GPS is a 3.5" screen at the top of the center stack far away from the driver which seemed useless. Radio controls on the wheel work good since I am taller and need to keep the seat back a little farther and would have to lean forward to change stations. Overall good power.

Suggested Improvements

Stock tires turned into baloney skins at 20K. Replaced tires with Sailun Atrezzo all seasons and have had no problems with them and they were decent in the snow. I have read numerous blogs about premature clutch problems, which has me worried, but I guess I am going to have to wait and see. Some of the interior plastic rattles which can get annoying. Back seat is a little small, especially since I have keep the seat back. My 5 year old keeps kicking the back of my seat since she is not tall enough to have her knees bend at the seat edge.

Will never purchase a mazda again.
By coakub

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

words cannot explain how horrible my experience with mazda was. first my clutch failed(due to pressure plate wearing unevenly) with no warning at 19500 miles, after only owning since november, and then the service department treated me like crap, ignored their mechanics who said it was defective, screamed at me to the point i was in tears in the middle of the floor, and refused to cover the repairs, corporate was not much a better experience as they didnt care and wouldnt give me any answers. i contacted the local news stations and everyone in PITTSBURGH PA will know what has happened.

Favorite Features

great sound system, easy ride, beautiful design

Suggested Improvements

fix the pressure plates! tires wore way too quickly.

As time goes on I love my Mazda 3 more!
By Adam. W

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After my first test drive of a 2010 Grand Touring Sedan I fell in love and knew this was the right car for me. The handling in the Mazda 3 is downright amazing! This car just hangs on and is how every front wheel drive car should handle. The ride is very good for the sporting capabilities of the Mazda 3. Interior is fantastic. Materials are all very high quality, feature content is superb. Seats are VERY comfortable and supportive. The engine and transmission are gem's. The 2.5 engine is so smooth it is easy to hit the rev limiter while winding it out. Fuel economy is good. The power from the 2.5 may feel "soft" initially but once you get it above ~2500 RPM it goes well.

Favorite Features

2.5 engine Transmission Steering Handling Interior Quality Interior Features Reliability Bose Sound System Advanced Keyless Steerable Bi-Xenon headlamps

Suggested Improvements

Raise redline on 2.5 engine Navigation System Auto-Up on all 4 windows (see VW windows) Auto-Sunroof control (see VW sunroof)

Thought it would be faster!
By I want to go fast

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After turning in my Mazda 6 I decided to try out the 3. The Grand Touring is worth the extra bucks with heated leather seats, moon-roof etc. The gas mileage for a smaller car kinda stinks since the best I could get is 24 mpg. The handling around tight turns is fun although I wish the car was faster. I thought the 2.5 engine on a smaller car would be better. The best 0-60 I could get was around 8 seconds. My manual shifting days are over so when they come out with the Mazda Speed in an automatic, I'm there!

Suggested Improvements

With 8 bose speakers factory installed, I thought this would be the best sounding radio I've ever had but unfortunately it's the worst. Terrible reception and the sound is missing an entire range. Cd's sound a lot better and MP3's sound amazing but the tuner for AM/FM is really bad!

Luxury Car Replacement?
By TheRas900

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is an initial review and I'll provide more feedback after logging more miles. However, here are some first thoughts. The Mazda 3s GT is a very fun car to drive, with good performance and excellent handling. It is not very refined, with much engine noise and some cheap interior materials. It is a very good car, but maybe not as great as people say. Compared to a Civic or Corolla it is worlds better; compared to an Audi or Saab it is worlds worse. The decontenting (no more mirror signals, foot well illumination, etc) that took place mid-year gives away some of the car's edge on competitors.

Favorite Features

Xenon lights, heated seats, interior design, exterior color choices, and manual transmission are all nice. Overall, the great handling is the best feature. The Tech package would have been nice to get but they are extremely hard to find.

Suggested Improvements

The windows and sunroof should retain functioning after the engine has been shut off. The engine noise is loud for no real reason. There is no place to store change and the rear seat is much less roomy than the specs would indicate. The dash is covered with a cheap material.