1999 Mazda 626 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - TRANSMISSION,TRANSMISSION TRANSMISSION!

1999 Mazda 626 - Consumer Review

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

TRANSMISSION,TRANSMISSION TRANSMISSION!
By Tamika on

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Yah, I KNOW that I have more than 90000 mi on a 1999 626, But does that mean that I should not be upset that my car has been in the shop more than I have had it in my possesion?! Not only did I change the transmission, but the enginge. Oh! And it gets better, the car is currently at the shop(Im still paying a car note monthly!) because the check engine light has been on forever. I am paying for the sensor to be changed, and was told if that doesn't work the dealership will have to order me a new chip! Basiclly I have replaced the entire car. If I decide to sell it, its not worth even close to what I've put into this.

Favorite Features

When I first made the purchase I loved the pick up and the handling was alot better than I expected for this type of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, SHOULD not be so difficult. I have taken this to a few shops and never have I seen a mechanic SO frusterated. Its positioned weird, it doesn't run long, etcc....